Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
How's your year going so far?

Mine's alright. Work is good. I went through a tough break up and split with my long term girlfriend just before my birthday in November last year, so I've been pretty much hammering back the alcohol and enjoying the single life, It's bloody amazing.

I took a new work position earlier in the year and brought a sports bike.

Regarding ATS though, I'm actually getting quite disheartened reading some of the comments on Facebook and reading some of the hate mails we get regarding the game. I used to really enjoy reading the comments and messages from fans, and I really enjoyed watching the fan page grow, but it just seems a chore to maintain now... Whenever we post some useful information or a screenshot, it just seems to generate so much hate regarding release dates, and people are basically slating SCS for publishers posting false release dates. It's been stressful, as we've lost 2 admins in the space of a month due to some ungrateful people.

Apart from that, it's all good.

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
London
stobarttrucking.com
Well at the start of June, I took up the job of being a Sysadmin for a State Secondary School in East London. Funny thing is that I used to go to that school when I was a kid. I've spent my wages on upgrading hardware at the family business.

I Just had a ACL reconstruction on my right knee basically I was playing football and I colided with a goal post. I am on crutches, they are useful for pressing things.

My opinion on Facebook will stay the same. Facebook is a site full of hate. It's full of trolls who ruin the intended atmosphere of Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg will be really happy when he sees the UNOFFICIAL American Truck Simulator page. People don't see the word unofficial in the URL. Because the page is really popular, everybody comes to the unofficial page to rage because they dont know how to reach the developers/ publishers. It's a real shame really. :(

Advertisement

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
Well at the start of June, I took up the job of being a Sysadmin for a State Secondary School in East London. Funny thing is that I used to go to that school when I was a kid. I've spent my wages on upgrading hardware at the family business.

I Just had a ACL reconstruction on my right knee basically I was playing football and I colided with a goal post. I am on crutches, they are useful for pressing things.

My opinion on Facebook will stay the same. Facebook is a site full of hate. It's full of trolls who ruin the intended atmosphere of Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg will be really happy when he sees the UNOFFICIAL American Truck Simulator page. People don't see the word unofficial in the URL. Because the page is really popular, everybody comes to the unofficial page to rage because they dont know how to reach the developers/ publishers. It's a real shame really. :(

It's totally taken the enjoyment out of it for me.

The fact that the publishers keep pushing the release date back doesn't help in the slightest. It just adds more Frustration and generates more hate comments.

Don't get me started on the publishers. Totally useless with providing any reliable information and their customer service is just as unreliable.

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
My 2014 so far? 2014 is 2/3 over now! Well anyway, so far it's been all the same. Graduated from High School though and I'll be pursuing higher education later this month. I don't believe it'll impair my ability to still come on here significantly—I plan on managing my time wisely, however. My Tuesdays and Thursdays will be completely free though so I will be able to come on for at least an hour, even on MWF. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Should be a fun time with added in nose-to-the-grindstone business.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
My 2014 so far? 2014 is 2/3 over now! Well anyway, so far it's been all the same. Graduated from High School though and I'll be pursuing higher education later this month. I don't believe it'll impair my ability to still come on here significantly—I plan on managing my time wisely, however. My Tuesdays and Thursdays will be completely free though so I will be able to come on for at least an hour, even on MWF. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Should be a fun time with added in nose-to-the-grindstone business.
Nice :)

Regarding ATS though, I'm actually getting quite disheartened reading some of the comments on Facebook and reading some of the hate mails we get regarding the game. I used to really enjoy reading the comments and messages from fans, and I really enjoyed watching the fan page grow, but it just seems a chore to maintain now...

Yeah, but when that date is announced people will be flocking for information. I guess people just need someone to take their frustrations out on? It would have been wiser to announce this project shortly before release, not to turn people off by waiting. My 2 cents.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I can finally answer this one!

This year has actually been really good so far! As a lot of you know I've just finished year 11 at school (please don't ask what that is in the US or any other country, I haven't got a clue!), and got my GCSE results on Thursday, got an A, 6 B's & a C which I'm pretty pleased with! Going into sixth form in a few weeks to start and hopefully finish my A levels and then will finally be finished with education. After that not sure what I'm going to do, got a few ideas but not 100% sure on any of them as of yet.

Anyway, at the start of the year I took up the position of a Moderator on this forum, and this has led me to being Forum Admin, I'm really enjoying watching and helping the community here grow. You guys really are some of the best people, especially compared to a lot of others in the various Facebook groups I'm in for ETS2 and a lot of the people on our ATS page :p

Also been promoted to COO of SwiftGroup, the VTC I'm working for, and considering I only started driving there in March 2013 it's quite an achievement, really enjoying that too. Of course still managing General Haulage & Fuel, for those of you who are more familiar with what I do over a Swift.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but will add it in if I do :D

Advertisement

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
London
stobarttrucking.com
I can finally answer this one!

This year has actually been really good so far! As a lot of you know I've just finished year 11 at school (please don't ask what that is in the US or any other country, I haven't got a clue!), and got my GCSE results on Thursday, got an A, 6 B's & a C which I'm pretty pleased with! Going into sixth form in a few weeks to start and hopefully finish my A levels and then will finally be finished with education. After that not sure what I'm going to do, got a few ideas but not 100% sure on any of them as of yet.

Anyway, at the start of the year I took up the position of a Moderator on this forum, and this has led me to being Forum Admin, I'm really enjoying watching and helping the community here grow. You guys really are some of the best people, especially compared to a lot of others in the various Facebook groups I'm in for ETS2 and a lot of the people on our ATS page :p

Also been promoted to COO of SwiftGroup, the VTC I'm working for, and considering I only started driving there in March 2013 it's quite an achievement, really enjoying that too. Of course still managing General Haulage & Fuel, for those of you who are more familiar with what I do over a Swift.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but will add it in if I do :D
Will your sixth form life be like the lives of the lads from Inbetweeners?

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
US
www.ptvtc.com
Well, My 2014 so far is ok. I have been really busy with things around the house, family (Deaths mostly and camping), Helping friends moving, doing lawn work, working on vehicles, and alot more that i could list but not gonna. And in the middle between funerals, I was demoted from a Moderator on here. Was a little mad at first until i got in contact with Max. I really never had the time to get on to write a message about whats going on at that time, but it is what is (Hope you understand Muzz). Now that school is starting for me, I will be less busy with other stuff during the week and weekends so I will have more time to get on.

Reactions: Max

Jaanko

Co-Founder
May 24, 2009
England
Well, at the start of 2014 we launched this site! January the 10th was the date it went live I believe? It seems like a really long time ago. It's hard to remember what's happened since then. During the summer I spent a week down at RAF Cranwell, then I've just spent a week in Ibiza. Just before that I spent a week at Swynnerton. I'm going into year 11 tomorrow and got results from my year 10 science GCSE's last week (A*, also Congratulations @Max on your results) I've spent the summer fixing up a few motorbikes and working my Saturday job. So all in all it has been good so far, it's had its bad moments but I'll leave them out! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the year :)

P.s I'm sure there is loads of things I've missed out Haha

Reactions: 4D1L and Max

Advertisement

How's your year going so far?

Mine's alright. Work is good. I went through a tough break up and split with my long term girlfriend just before my birthday in November last year, so I've been pretty much hammering back the alcohol and enjoying the single life, It's bloody amazing.

I took a new work position earlier in the year and brought a sports bike.

Regarding ATS though, I'm actually getting quite disheartened reading some of the comments on Facebook and reading some of the hate mails we get regarding the game. I used to really enjoy reading the comments and messages from fans, and I really enjoyed watching the fan page grow, but it just seems a chore to maintain now... Whenever we post some useful information or a screenshot, it just seems to generate so much hate regarding release dates, and people are basically slating SCS for publishers posting false release dates. It's been stressful, as we've lost 2 admins in the space of a month due to some ungrateful people.

Apart from that, it's all good.
hmmmm my 2014 has been prity good, still driving my log truck which iv managed to keep unscathed and upright in the mist of quite a few truck and trailer roll overs here in new zealand this year, doing so well in my current truck the boss has seen fit to give me a new unit next year so ill be going from a Mack quantum to a Mack Trident, same amount of horse power (just a puppy though at 470hp) but ill have a stonking great big bonnet in front of me which i like iv always preffered bonneted trucks, its got an 18spd road ranger transmission in it and tows a rather nice (because its so low to the ground) highway hound 4 axle trailer.

Even scored myself a drive in a 2012 Mack Granite on tuesday omg that was such a nice truck to drive, told the boss i call dibs when he buys another one haha.

As for those idiots raging and what not id pay them no mind they obviously cant read the fine print like some of us can SCS did say as u know that we should not believe any release dates until thier blog confirms one and i believe they are doing an excellent job on ATS by the looks of the screen shots we have itll already surpass my expectations so for now im happy to come here and discuss potential stuff that we might convince them to include in thier fine title. however i do wish they would stop feeding us screen shots and get some gameplay together to show us that might shut some of the ragers up for a while haha

Reactions: Jaanko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread