You got Post-Soviet right, SCS! (1 Viewer)

OK. I have to confess I was really afraid this DLC would be actually worse than the Promods/Rusmap areas it was supposed to overwrite. Almost all the devblogs showed shiny monuments, super-modern broad roads and flawless, finely modeled buildings in clean picturesque villages.

Well, I am from a post-soviet country and let's just say, we still have a lot of stuff that is the exact opposite of what was Lorem Ipsum Temp Mail 10 Minute Mail shown. It's ugly as hell, but it's very atmospheric :D The map mods kind of delivered this feeling, although often with rather low quality assets and bad optimization.

I was kind of surprised that they chose to apparently "beautify" this region, as they didn't have a problem with showing all the trash in the cities in Italy a year ago:)

Now I played Beyond the Baltic Sea and I have to say, they've really nailed it. It's a wonderful blend of old and new, with the good ol' soviet spirit still visible in a lot of places AND with great assets.

OK, SCS, I take everything back. You are allowed to work on this part of the world for as long as you wish :p

But next time please, show us some local ugly liquor stores with metal bars on the windows and old shady looking crumbling apartment buildings and not just the nice looking shiny stuff.

Last edited:

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
OK. I have to confess I was really afraid this DLC would be actually worse than the Promods/Rusmap areas it was supposed to overwrite. Almost all the devblogs showed shiny monuments, super-modern broad roads and flawless, finely modeled buildings in clean picturesque villages.

Well, I am from a post-soviet country and let's just say, we still have a lot of stuff that is the exact opposite of what was shown. It's ugly as hell, but it's very atmospheric :D The map mods kind of delivered this feeling, although often with rather low quality assets and bad optimization.

I was kind of surprised that they chose to apparently "beautify" this region, as they didn't have a problem with showing all the trash in the cities in Italy a year ago:)

Now I played Beyond the Baltic Sea and I have to say, they've really nailed it. It's a wonderful blend of old and new, with the good ol' soviet spirit still visible in a lot of places AND with great assets.

OK, SCS, I take everything back. You are allowed to work on this part of the world for as long as you wish :p

But next time please, show us some local ugly liquor stores with metal bars on the windows and old shady looking crumbling apartment buildings and not just the nice looking shiny stuff.
Thank you for sharing! It’s really cool to hear that they’ve done a great job!

I’ve not had a chance to play yet, so if you could share some photos here that would be awesome :)

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread