Maps Yorkshire Counties (1 Viewer)

I have decided to relaunch the WIP from scratch rather than reactivate the old forum post (Which has since now been archived) There are several reasons for this and i wont go into them here but lets just say its for the best. So after releasing version 1.2 on here as an early access public beta it was decided that due to circumstances beyond my control Fictional Yorkshire would resume development in private with a select group of Testers.
Needless to say we are now on Version 1.5 and the changes have been exceptionally substantial. New Routes, Areas, scenery improvements, complete re-vamps of Towns/Villages, less dependencies, New YORKSHIRE specific Livery and more. I have also spent some of my time learning new Techniques to implement into Fictional Yorkshire including Custom Junctions. I have learned a lot from current members of the community and would like to thank them a great deal for their time and patience with me. So that being said i would like to share some of those screenshots with you all and would like to reassure you that the project NEVER stopped being worked on.
A great deal of hard work has gone into making the improvements to Fictional Yorkshire and i would kindly ask that should those of you who do not have anything constructive to say not post anything within this WIP. The map will be made available for public download within the not too distant future (but no release date as of yet) and i would like to remind people that no one is obligated to download it and thus not obligated to remain interested in the WIP as it develops.
We are currently roughly 90% complete and just trying to work out some of the bugs and updates.
I would like to thank every single member of the community who has supported my map, its development and its hard work. An extra Special thanks to the Beta Testers who have fed back information and suggestions continuously and last but not least a Big thank you to the FellowsFilm Moderation team, Admins and members that continue to look forward to and help with the development of Fictional Yorkshire.
Should anyone have anything to ask regarding Fictional Yorkshire i am reachable via message or by post on this thread. I Look forward to hearing from you all and i hope you look forward to a re-vamped, updated and upgraded Fictional Yorkshire.

20170908152659_1.jpg

ASDA centre.jpg

Sea Front 2.jpg

treeton 2.jpg

Ingleborough 1.jpg

20170908150246_1.jpg

20170805000710_1.jpg

20170827223607_1.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisement

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
Wow, this does look a whole lot better than your first attempt I must say, it's very impressive in my opinion! Although I'm not a map person, so I don't know how easy or not it is to change stuff, I've noticed some things that stand out so I'll point them out. :)

image.jpeg

I think this area looks a little barren maybe you could put some more vegetation or something around it? Also the ASDA object still looks very odd to me, maybe it's because it doesn't have the best textures, or the logo? Not too sure lol.

image.jpeg

I think those cliff faces (or whatever they're really called) look a little odd, and maybe even a bit American and out of place there. Personally, I'd change it, and cover with some trees and bushes perhaps. That cobbled area also looks a bit empty and out of place, but maybe it's meant to be like that? Not sure what it is.

image.jpeg

I think you should break away from this straight road, though even if you can't change it, maybe you could add some bends and gradients as it's pretty much dead straight and probably a bit of a boring drive. I think you should also consider more variation in the vegetation surrounding it so it's not all completely repeating itself again and again. I think I've read about some type of randomiser in the editor, but I'm not too sure on that.

Overall, it looks so much better than what it once did, I think this will be a handy addition to a growing collection of RHD maps. :) (Plus you've actually released something, so we know you're probably less likely to cancel it).

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Firstly thanks for the amazing feedback already, as for the suggestions they are always taken into account as is evident with the current changes already made while some of the roads are straight theres a lot of bends and tight roads in the map so dont worry about that. Also its aimed at South Yorkshire although being fictional isn't really aimed at any region in particular only that the theme is based loosly on Yorkshire a bit like Cotterell is loosely based on Bath. Addressing the Capitals in the HOF file i do use the HOF editor and thus it is in capitals automatically and i currently have no plans on changing this. However this is not too say i wont be changing it as some bus companies do use block capitals on Hanover displays and some do not, my focus at this point is the map itself. Screenshots will be posted as the map progresses.

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Good to see you're taking everything on board, I do agree with most feedback above. Only thing I'd like to add, please change the 'Fictional Yorkshire' name! As it's your second version, give it a brand new name to represent a brand new direction you're going in. For example, 'The South London Project' became 'London'. In your case, something like 'Lakeshire' or 'Shireness' or whatever you choose should be a lot more appropriate.

As it's fictional, you should have the advantage of coming up with a unique name. Just state that the map is loosely based off Yorkshire. Best of luck!

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
You know what @Rhys i think thats a pretty damn good idea, i have always taken pride in receiving constructive criticism and acting upon it accordingly. I mean you cant beat such constructive criticism from people as "your maps sh*t" and "its rubbish" lmao but in all seriousness i have taken a great deal of pride in my ability to go away and learn new techniques and new ways of making the map better based on peoples feedback. So now what to re-brand the map as....hmmmmm decisions...decisions :P

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Ok, so i thought since Stagecoach no longer operate in "Fictional Yorkshire" i decided to take some brand new screenshots to better show the new company and the map in operation, so without further delay, i would like to give you all a few lovely looking screenshots that truly showcase the improvements to this map and the hard work that continues to go into it. Enjoy!!!

20170914103231_1.jpg

20170914104424_1.jpg

20170914104524_1.jpg

20170914104724_1.jpg

20170914104903_1.jpg

20170914105033_1.jpg

20170914105118_1.jpg

20170914105343_1.jpg

20170914105433_1.jpg

20170914105658_1.jpg

20170914105743_1.jpg

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
@LazyGuy222 Im sure you will be very pleased to read this update, I have taken the feedback into consideration and replaced and re-done the HOF file using a different software in order to make the Hanover Displays look a little better for you all. Only a small update but a Welcome one non the less

20170914213621_1.jpg

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
@LazyGuy222 Im sure you will be very pleased to read this update, I have taken the feedback into consideration and replaced and re-done the HOF file using a different software in order to make the Hanover Displays look a little better for you all. Only a small update but a Welcome one non the less

View attachment 18422
Thank you very much! Seems as if a lot of the AI are branded off route though

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread