Maps Yorkshire Counties (1 Viewer)

I have decided to relaunch the WIP from scratch rather than reactivate the old forum post (Which has since now been archived) There are several reasons for this and i wont go into them here but lets just say its for the best. So after releasing version 1.2 on here as an early access public beta it was decided that due to circumstances beyond my control Fictional Yorkshire would resume development in private with a select group of Testers.
Needless to say we are now on Version 1.5 and the changes have been exceptionally substantial. New Routes, Areas, scenery improvements, complete re-vamps of Towns/Villages, less dependencies, New YORKSHIRE specific Livery and more. I have also spent some of my time learning new Techniques to implement into Fictional Yorkshire including Custom Junctions. I have learned a lot from current members of the community and would like to thank them a great deal for their time and patience with me. So that being said i would like to share some of those screenshots with you all and would like to reassure you that the project NEVER stopped being worked on.
A great deal of hard work has gone into making the improvements to Fictional Yorkshire and i would kindly ask that should those of you who do not have anything constructive to say not post anything within this WIP. The map will be made available for public download within the not too distant future (but no release date as of yet) and i would like to remind people that no one is obligated to download it and thus not obligated to remain interested in the WIP as it develops.
We are currently roughly 90% complete and just trying to work out some of the bugs and updates.
I would like to thank every single member of the community who has supported my map, its development and its hard work. An extra Special thanks to the Beta Testers who have fed back information and suggestions continuously and last but not least a Big thank you to the FellowsFilm Moderation team, Admins and members that continue to look forward to and help with the development of Fictional Yorkshire.
Should anyone have anything to ask regarding Fictional Yorkshire i am reachable via message or by post on this thread. I Look forward to hearing from you all and i hope you look forward to a re-vamped, updated and upgraded Fictional Yorkshire.

20170908152659_1.jpg

ASDA centre.jpg

Sea Front 2.jpg

treeton 2.jpg

Ingleborough 1.jpg

20170908150246_1.jpg

20170805000710_1.jpg

20170827223607_1.jpg

Last edited:

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
**UPDATE**
Map has been submitted to Fellowsfilm for review and as promised the Late September release date has been met, all be it a little early. There is one issue with the X14 boarding at the Tramways Terminus however this issue was not big enough to halt the release, while the issue will be patched in a later release the decision to release the map now is that its 99.9% fully working and halting a release based on one stop seemed a little harsh. I'm sure there may be bugs but after a successful beta phase and my desire to move on with new projects it is with great pleasure that i give you Yorkshire Counties. Thanks for the support during development and i do not expect this to be a map that everyone enjoys i would like to ask that people be respectful towards what has been a long process of Learning and developing.

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
**UPDATE**
Map has been submitted to Fellowsfilm for review and as promised the Late September release date has been met, all be it a little early. There is one issue with the X14 boarding at the Tramways Terminus however this issue was not big enough to halt the release, while the issue will be patched in a later release the decision to release the map now is that its 99.9% fully working and halting a release based on one stop seemed a little harsh. I'm sure there may be bugs but after a successful beta phase and my desire to move on with new projects it is with great pleasure that i give you Yorkshire Counties. Thanks for the support during development and i do not expect this to be a map that everyone enjoys i would like to ask that people be respectful towards what has been a long process of Learning and developing.
Woohoo! It's been great to watch the map go from the baby stages to almost complete, It's gonna be great! Well done mate and wishing you all the best for development of the map in the future.

Reactions: KyleOmsi2

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Woohoo! It's been great to watch the map go from the baby stages to almost complete, It's gonna be great! Well done mate and wishing you all the best for development of the map in the future.
Thank you bro, ive taken criticism and acted on it as best i can, i will work even harder on future projects with the knowledge i have learned but i started this project with no knowledge of OMSI or the editor and have grown my techniques with the map and i'm proud of how the map has turned out.

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you bro, ive taken criticism and acted on it as best i can, i will work even harder on future projects with the knowledge i have learned but i started this project with no knowledge of OMSI or the editor and have grown my techniques with the map and i'm proud of how the map has turned out.
Well, considering the effort put into this project, you wouldn't tell you started with no knowledge of the editor. You've got a reason to be proud mate.
There's only one word to describe this project:
6c185b44697b0c1ff323eea8d0ab6129.gif

Noice indeed.

Reactions: KyleOmsi2

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
for Clarification anyone who downloaded 1.2 can be safely assured this version is mega reduced dependency wise and has been completely re-vamped and anyone who has beta tested the map can validate its virtually unrecognizable from that version. Containing major improvements so if people who already own Coterell and BOTW will have maybe 2 or 3 if not 0 dependencies to download and thus the map is Download Friendly.

Advertisement

@Jacobthebus They charging you by the megabyte?
No, but I'm not prepared to wait excessively long for it to download. I also don't want to install such a massive file/collection of files at once. I'm not sure why it matters whether I am charged /mb or not.
The Download File (not counting the Dependencies is 412MB i think, So not too big at all :D
Ah great, that makes for a much more reasonable and feasible download :)

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
No, but I'm not prepared to wait excessively long for it to download. I also don't want to install such a massive file/collection of files at once. I'm not sure why it matters whether I am charged /mb or not.

Ah great, that makes for a much more reasonable and feasible download :)
If you got it last time, you won’t need to download all the dependencies ;)

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread