Yorkshire Counties Clarity

Sylar

Yorkshire Counties Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
⚠UPDATE:

So I'd like to take some time to clarify exactly what has happened and what is happening moving forward.

As your all aware a recent leak in the community by a content developer prompted a rather rash response from myself regarding Yorkshire Counties. My initial reaction was to remove my content from the community but after talking to an admin member i was convinced this would not be the best course of action. I would firstly like to say that i
DO NOT and have NEVER supported both scammers and leakers and cannot and will not comment on those situations regarding them as i do not know all the facts. This being said members of this community began to target me saying i was supporting a scammer of which i have not and never will as they refused to listen to reasoning surrounding my comments on the content leaked. I have actively promoted respect in the few years i have been apart of this community and as such get on with many developers that have issues with each other. These issues are not my issues and i do not take sides nor do i comment on those members issues as they are simply put...not my problem.

I was apart of many discord servers and privy to many discussions and opinions of which i felt were disrespectful and have chosen to distance myself from those servers in order to remove myself from reading the negativity that was present on a daily basis. I have seen people pay multiple hundreds of pounds for virtual content and this should be an early warning sign to anybody when it comes to content. Why anybody would pay these sums in order to gain early access to content that would otherwise be freely available in due time is beyond me. However again i wont comment on why people do these things, only that i think its silly to front that money in the first place. Again this is not me taking sides but is simply an opinion on the stupidity of paying a developer(s) a large sum of money to later complain you got "scammed". The only time any money should be paid is when purchasing content unless you are on the understanding that you are supporting the developers work and not purchasing it.

Content developing is a lengthy process and some people expect developers to do the hard work and heavily criticize it because its not tailored to suit them and/or is taking too long to release. We have seen time and time again WIP threads get cancelled and content not released for multiple reasons constituting to community behavior, as well as other factors. Now i'm not going to lecture anybody nor spout negative opinions and tar everyone with the same brush as that is simply not the case. There are some amazing members in this community who just need to grow up a little bit and take responsibility for their actions and how they effect other people. That being said i AM NOT leaving the community and certainly not abandoning my content that i have worked extremely hard on as simply put its not fair to the community that the actions of a select few effect the whole community.

Where do we stand right now?

I am currently not apart of any OMSI related servers and have discontinued the Yorkshire Counties discord in order to allow myself the time away undisturbed (aside from this update of which i feel clarity is needed). I have NO intentions of removing Yorkshire Counties and it will remain free for people to download and enjoy. The map is accompanied by an "Unsupported" tag and this simply means that I (The author) will be unable to help with issues regarding the map instillation and will rely on the community to help each other out in this aspect. You're all capable of offering help to the community as i have seen it on the forum support thread and helped my decision to leave it in the communities hands a lot easier. As for the future of Yorkshire Counties it WILL be worked on and updated as and when i feel i can do so and as such the summer release may or may not be a thing still but primarily my focus is on my family right now and as such my devotion to the update has taken a back seat.

I urge this community to point people in the direction of this thread for clarity on my stance in the community as the rumor mill is already floating about and i have heard several people say several different things regarding myself, the map and whats happening. If it's not posted by myself then chances are its just a rumor so please bare that in mind as this community does have a tendency to exaggerate and take comments out of context.

Finally and from my perspective most importantly, i just want to thank Fellowsfilm, The staff, UKDT and many many more people within this community who have shaped and made my content what it is today and Yorkshire Counties wouldn't be where it is had it not been for the multitude of people who supported me along the way. I have learnt, grown and developed my content along with my attitude because of the fantastic support that i cannot even start to put into a gratuitous speech.

Please continue to support one and other and take it from the horses mouth......... I am still around, still extremely grateful to this community on the whole (minus the idiots) and Yorkshire Counties is a project i have far to much pride in to cancel. Just take it as im on a break, and when the time comes i WILL return to developing content and do not want anybody to think i have spat my dummy out, ran away and packed my bags because of a few little idiots trying to spoil it for the rest of the community. I am simply diverting my time as a developer towards my family and friends and other projects i have outside of OMSI in order to refresh my mind.

Kind Regards
Sylar
Omsi 2 Yorkshire Counties Creator

Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
⚠UPDATE:

So I'd like to take some time to clarify exactly what has happened and what is happening moving forward.

As your all aware a recent leak in the community by a content developer prompted a rather rash response from myself regarding Yorkshire Counties. My initial reaction was to remove my content from the community but after talking to an admin member i was convinced this would not be the best course of action. I would firstly like to say that i
DO NOT and have NEVER supported both scammers and leakers and cannot and will not comment on those situations regarding them as i do not know all the facts. This being said members of this community began to target me saying i was supporting a scammer of which i have not and never will as they refused to listen to reasoning surrounding my comments on the content leaked. I have actively promoted respect in the few years i have been apart of this community and as such get on with many developers that have issues with each other. These issues are not my issues and i do not take sides nor do i comment on those members issues as they are simply put...not my problem.

I was apart of many discord servers and privy to many discussions and opinions of which i felt were disrespectful and have chosen to distance myself from those servers in order to remove myself from reading the negativity that was present on a daily basis. I have seen people pay multiple hundreds of pounds for virtual content and this should be an early warning sign to anybody when it comes to content. Why anybody would pay these sums in order to gain early access to content that would otherwise be freely available in due time is beyond me. However again i wont comment on why people do these things, only that i think its silly to front that money in the first place. Again this is not me taking sides but is simply an opinion on the stupidity of paying a developer(s) a large sum of money to later complain you got "scammed". The only time any money should be paid is when purchasing content unless you are on the understanding that you are supporting the developers work and not purchasing it.

Content developing is a lengthy process and some people expect developers to do the hard work and heavily criticize it because its not tailored to suit them and/or is taking too long to release. We have seen time and time again WIP threads get cancelled and content not released for multiple reasons constituting to community behavior, as well as other factors. Now i'm not going to lecture anybody nor spout negative opinions and tar everyone with the same brush as that is simply not the case. There are some amazing members in this community who just need to grow up a little bit and take responsibility for their actions and how they effect other people. That being said i AM NOT leaving the community and certainly not abandoning my content that i have worked extremely hard on as simply put its not fair to the community that the actions of a select few effect the whole community.

I am currently not apart of any OMSI related servers and have discontinued the Yorkshire Counties discord in order to allow myself the time away undisturbed (aside from this update of which i feel clarity is needed). I have NO intentions of removing Yorkshire Counties and it will remain free for people to download and enjoy. The map is accompanied by an "Unsupported" tag and this simply means that I (The author) will be unable to help with issues regarding the map instillation and will rely on the community to help each other out in this aspect. You're all capable of offering help to the community as i have seen it on the forum support thread and helped my decision to leave it in the communities hands a lot easier. As for the future of Yorkshire Counties it WILL be worked on and updated as and when i feel i can do so and as such the summer release may or may not be a thing still but primarily my focus is on my family right now and as such my devotion to the update has taken a back seat.

I urge this community to point people in the direction of this thread for clarity on my stance in the community as the rumor mill is already floating about and i have heard several people say several different things regarding myself, the map and whats happening. If it's not posted by myself then chances are its just a rumor so please bare that in mind as this community does have a tendency to exaggerate and take comments out of context.

Finally and from my perspective most importantly, i just want to thank Fellowsfilm, The staff, UKDT and many many more people within this community who have shaped and made my content what it is today and Yorkshire Counties wouldn't be where it is had it not been for the multitude of people who supported me along the way. I have learnt, grown and developed my content along with my attitude because of the fantastic support that i cannot even start to put into a gratuitous speech.

Please continue to support one and other and take it from the horses mouth......... I am still around, still extremely grateful to this community on the whole (minus the idiots) and Yorkshire Counties is a project i have far to much pride in to cancel. Just take it as im on a break, and when the time comes i WILL return to developing content and do not want anybody to think i have spat my dummy out, ran away and packed my bags because of a few little idiots trying to spoil it for the rest of the community. I am simply diverting my time as a developer towards my family and friends and other projects i have outside of OMSI in order to refresh my mind.

Kind Regards
Sylar
Well said Sylar, I understand and support what you say 101%.
I'll post re-post what you said in the Yorkshire Counties discussion and support thread, so that more people see it. :)
Enjoy your time off!

Reactions: Troyski and ITS A11

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Nov 1, 2016
⚠UPDATE:

Kind Regards
Sylar
Well said Sylar, completely agree with everything in this post. A lot happened over the past week so I completely understand your thought process. I'm glad to see you around still and I hope we can stay in contact for time to come. Yorkshire is a fantastic map so I'm happy to still see it available for many others to enjoy. You deserve a break, forgetting all the drama and that, you deserve it. Tale the time off to spend with your family more and then come back to development as and when you feel ready, do not force yourself or feel like you need to work on it. I'm here if you wanna chat or anything. :)

The British Gamer

Hotel? Trivago.
Dec 29, 2016
⚠UPDATE:

Kind Regards
Sylar
Could not have said it any better if I had tried! I agree with everything you have said here, and yes, a lot has happened this week, but hopefully people can recognise this and put a stop to this horrific attitude and behaviour of some people in this community. I have previously said in a discord server that it is too late for this community to stop, but hopefully I can be proven wrong in saying that. I wish you all the best and I hope you come back to various discord servers and continue to share your amazing work with this community!