Map Mods Yorkshire Announcements (1 Viewer)

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Yuki7144 submitted a new download:

Yorkshire Announcements - Announcements for the new Yorkshire map

This is an announcement pack for the Yorkshire Counties (2.0) map

ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE CURRENTLY ONLY FOR THE ROUTE U36! UPDATES WILL CONTAIN MORE ROUTES.

If you have any problems installing this pack, please use the discussion and support section.

An extra hof file is required for the announcements to work, link is in the requirements.

This only works for Kruger+(+) buses and seeing as only these support announcements I doubt there will...

Read more about this download...

Advertisement

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm finding it hard to get this working! Took me a while to realise we had to get a new .hof file, but now that I've got that it seems the usual line 03626 route 01 is false? What ibis code should we be using?
It shouldn’t be sending an error when u put that in. Maybe try redownloading the new hof file and trying again. I’d also like to remind u that when using a new hof, make sure u close omsi and reopen it if u installed the hof whilst its open. Otherwise it will confuse it with a different hof and load that other hof. (Probably why it thinks its false)

Reactions: Lukeo

Lukeo

Content Creator
Jun 4, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
It shouldn’t be sending an error when u put that in. Maybe try redownloading the new hof file and trying again. I’d also like to remind u that when using a new hof, make sure u close omsi and reopen it if u installed the hof whilst its open. Otherwise it will confuse it with a different hof and load that other hof. (Probably why it thinks its false)
Ah, didn't realise you had to restart omsi after installing a new hof! That fixed that straight away thanks; but after re-installing the announcements I'm struggling once again lol. I'm assuming they should play automatically every time your next stop changes? I'll have to give it another go in the morning!

EDIT
Just incase, is it necessary to install this dependency on the kruger mod for these announcements to work? That's the only thing I didn't install, as I haven't made an account there.

EDIT
Works fine on the UK MB. Soo I reinstalled the ALX400, followed by the announcements mod, followed by the kruger mod, but still can't get this working for some reason ????

Last edited:

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Ah, didn't realise you had to restart omsi after installing a new hof! That fixed that straight away thanks; but after re-installing the announcements I'm struggling once again lol. I'm assuming they should play automatically every time your next stop changes? I'll have to give it another go in the morning!

EDIT
Just incase, is it necessary to install this dependency on the kruger mod for these announcements to work? That's the only thing I didn't install, as I haven't made an account there.

EDIT
Works fine on the UK MB. Soo I reinstalled the ALX400, followed by the announcements mod, followed by the kruger mod, but still can't get this working for some reason ????
On the ALX400, can u see a modified display when u set it to u36, it should look something like what i put in the information part of the kruger hof download, if it does, then make sure u click "Q" to advance the "current stop". I think the MB does this automatically, which is why I believe it worked in the MB and not the ALX400.

This is the pic:

Lukeo

Content Creator
Jun 4, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
On the ALX400, can u see a modified display when u set it to u36, it should look something like what i put in the information part of the kruger hof download, if it does, then make sure u click "Q" to advance the "current stop". I think the MB does this automatically, which is why I believe it worked in the MB and not the ALX400.

This is the pic:
View attachment 44219
I can but indeed I expected it to be automatic. I'll have another try in a bit and check what key I have announcements assigned to, thanks.

I noticed btw that Ferndale Layover (the .wav file) was incorrectly named as Ashbury Layover.

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I can but indeed I expected it to be automatic. I'll have another try in a bit and check what key I have announcements assigned to, thanks.

I noticed btw that Ferndale Layover (the .wav file) was incorrectly named as Ashbury Layover.
Ok I'll make sure i fix that in the next update.

With the automation, unfortunately, due to the nature of the systems used, advanced scripting would be necessary to detect the opening of the doors, the closing of the doors and a countdown which I cannot do, and believe me i've tried lol. So your best hopes in getting it to be automatic would be messaging an advanced scripter to have a go for you.

Reactions: AndyFF002 and Lukeo

Lukeo

Content Creator
Jun 4, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
Ok I'll make sure i fix that in the next update.

With the automation, unfortunately, due to the nature of the systems used, advanced scripting would be necessary to detect the opening of the doors, the closing of the doors and a countdown which I cannot do, and believe me i've tried lol. So your best hopes in getting it to be automatic would be messaging an advanced scripter to have a go for you.
Yay all works now! I managed to get them working automatically too, by following the short tutorial found here: [TUT][Update 22.12.13] Automatische Ansagen für fast alle Busse / Automatic announcements for nearly all busses - Marcels OMSI-Forum
(You just have to press q at the first stop, then they should work automatically from then onwards).

Reactions: Yuki7144

Advertisement

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom

Advertisement

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
Last edited:
  • Love

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread