Buses Wright Eclipse Urban (Euro 4) (On Hold) (2 Viewers)

As some of you might know, a month or so ago, i decided to fund the making of a Wright Eclipse Urban Euro 4 model specifically for importing into OMSI for the community and myself, for free. Yes, that means that the once the bus is released, it will be completely free with no charge what so ever! Just like the amazing Streetdeck BlueOrange is currently developing.

Some of the scripts and all of the sounds will be done by yours truly, Badger, to make sure that once the bus is ready for public use, it will be the best quality Eclipse to ever come to the game!

Currently, the bus's setvars include:
  • A Large Aircon Unit - Mainly used on First & Arriva Fastrack.
  • Small Aircon Units - Used on Diamond, First, Arriva & Mcgills.
  • A Smaller Side Grille - Used mainly on First & Arriva.
  • Two Mirrors Types (One that's doorside and one that isn't, basically First & Arriva Fastrack mirrors).
  • A Small Rear Display - Used widely on First and many other companies.
  • A Long Rear Display - A lot less common than the Small Rear Display, mainly on Coastliner (ex) and some others i can't remember specifically.
  • Civic V3 Seats
  • Civic V2 Seats
Screenshots:

NEW: FINISHED MODEL (Still needs OMSI additions, like the Dashboard screens, Krueger, new seats etc)

FAQ:
Q: How much money did this model request cost?
A: Don't ask, though here's a clue, it's over £600.

Q: Will you make an Eclipse Urban (Euro 3)?
A: Most likely in the future, maybe. But for now, i have no interest in requesting a Euro 3 variant, mainly due to costs.

Q: What ticket machine will it have?
A: I've chosen the Ticketer as the machine of choice, mainly because it's becoming a more popular choice in companies, plus i believe it'd be simpler to make, since it has fewer buttons unlike the Almex machines.

Q: Can i have the repaint template when it's available?
A: Yes, whoever wants to include repaints for the bus when it releases, contact me personally about it and i'll see if i can include it. Though i can't have too many repainters, so we'll see. If you just want the template so they can do their own repaints after the bus's release, then go ahead.

Q: Expected release?
A: Maybe a few months from now, we'll see.

Q: Beta?
A: A team has already been chosen, so don't pester me for it.

Q: Beta if I donate?
A: Probably not, but i am getting requests to make a Patreon for the project, so we'll see if it ends up happening or not.

Q: Plz can i be tester?
A: Nay.

Last edited:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
The model certainly looks nice, though it's only part of making a high-quality bus. To make your life easier I'd suggest if possible you advise the modeller of a few things:

- OMSI's lighting engine is not capable of showing off a nice model, it is extremely texture-dependent (basically it will need a decent AO/shadow texture to look good, and phototextures wherever possible)
- In order to use multi-layered textures, you need a separate, identical mesh for each layer. This includes whole-bus dirt maps, window rain maps, etc
- This includes the windscreen wiper swept area. Since the overlaying meshes need to be identical to avoid Z-fighting, the swept area must be cut into the windscreen mesh on all layers
- In order for switches to be clickable they all need to be separate meshes, exported separately
- OMSI's importer can't handle importing single large meshes, things like the body, interior etc might require splitting up

Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:

FirstBro

First Yorkshire's Managing Director
The model certainly looks nice, though it's only part of making a high-quality bus. To make your life easier I'd suggest if possible you advise the modeller of a few things:

- OMSI's lighting engine is not capable of showing off a nice model, it is extremely texture-dependent (basically it will need a decent AO/shadow texture to look good, and phototextures wherever possible)
- In order to use multi-layered textures, you need a separate, identical mesh for each layer. This includes whole-bus dirt maps, window rain maps, etc
- This includes the windscreen wiper swept area. Since the overlaying meshes need to be identical to avoid Z-fighting, the swept area must be cut into the windscreen mesh on all layers
- In order for switches to be clickable they all need to be separate meshes, exported separately
- OMSI's importer can't handle importing single large meshes, things like the body, interior etc might require splitting up

Best of luck
Yeah i thought so on the whole splitting up part, not surprised since I've seen how already made buses have so many model files. As for the other points, I'll be sure to tell him to see if he's able to understand what to do. Thanks a lot for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

As some of you might know, a month or so ago, i decided to fund the making of a Wright Eclipse Urban Euro 4 model specifically for importing into OMSI for the community and myself, for free. Yes, that means that the once the bus is released, it will be completely free with no charge what so ever! Just like the amazing Streetdeck BlueOrange is currently developing.

Some of the scripts and all of the sounds will be done by yours truly, Badger, to make sure that once the bus is ready for public use, it will be the best quality Eclipse to ever come to the game!

• Two Mirrors Types (One that's doorside and one that isn't, basically First & Arriva Fastrack mirrors).
  • A Long Rear Display - A lot less common than the Small Rear Display, mainly on Coastliner (ex) and some others i can't remember specifically.
  • Civic V3 Seats
  • Civic V2 Seats
Screenshots:

FAQ:

A: Most likely in the future, maybe. But for now, i have no interest in requesting a Euro 3 variant, mainly due to costs.

A: I've chosen the Ticketer as the machine of choice, mainly because it's becoming a more popular choice in companies, plus i believe it'd be simpler to make, since it has fewer buttons unlike the Almex machines.

A: Yes, whoever wants to include repaints for the bus when it releases, contact me personally about it and i'll see if i can include it. Though i can't have too many repainters, so we'll see. If you just want the template so they can do their own repaints after the bus's release, then go ahead.

A: Probably not, but i am getting requests to make a Patreon for the project, so we'll see if it ends up happening or not.

• Civic V3 Seats
  • Civic V2 Seats
Screenshots:

FAQ:

what cab will it have, the old or new style

Advertisement

FirstBro

First Yorkshire's Managing Director
nice I look forward to seeing the finished product
Speaking of the final product, here it is! It obviously needs fixes for OMSI (For example better seating, Krueger Destinations, actual working Dash parts etc)

However, i do have some bad news. Some unexpected events happened this Christmas, and i no longer have enough money to pay the modeler the final sum to get the model, so i either have to get a job, or think about donation options. It'll probably be the first one, because i don't want to end up hated for it. It WILL still happen though, regardless.

Edit: The situation is sorted and I've managed to be able to find the money to give to him again, I'll send it to him later today and i'll give a status update on when i have the model.

016[1352].jpg

017[1353].jpg
018[1354].jpg
019[1355].jpg
020[1356].jpg
021[1357].jpg
023[1359].jpg
024[1360].jpg
025[1361].jpg
027[1363].jpg
028[1364].jpg

Last edited:

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
Speaking of the final product, here it is! It obviously needs fixes for OMSI (For example better seating, Krueger Destinations, actual working Dash parts etc)

However, i do have some bad news. Some unexpected events happened this Christmas, and i no longer have enough money to pay the modeler the final sum to get the model, so i either have to get a job, or think about donation options. It'll probably be the first one, because i don't want to end up hated for it. It WILL still happen though, regardless.

Three words: OH MY GOD!!!
Is that blender or the real thing.

Advertisement

Tell us how much the whole sum is mate, I feel that everyone will chip in atleast a quid because you have worked so hard! People will understand and the people that appericiate your work and understand would want to help by giving a bit of money! I’ll leave the choice to you like but I am very very impressed. What an achievement!

Reactions: Ddogb

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread