Buses Wright Eclipse Urban (Euro 4) (On Hold) (2 Viewers)

As some of you might know, a month or so ago, i decided to fund the making of a Wright Eclipse Urban Euro 4 model specifically for importing into OMSI for the community and myself, for free. Yes, that means that the once the bus is released, it will be completely free with no charge what so ever! Just like the amazing Streetdeck BlueOrange is currently developing.

Some of the scripts and all of the sounds will be done by yours truly, Badger, to make sure that once the bus is ready for public use, it will be the best quality Eclipse to ever come to the game!

Currently, the bus's setvars include:
  • A Large Aircon Unit - Mainly used on First & Arriva Fastrack.
  • Small Aircon Units - Used on Diamond, First, Arriva & Mcgills.
  • A Smaller Side Grille - Used mainly on First & Arriva.
  • Two Mirrors Types (One that's doorside and one that isn't, basically First & Arriva Fastrack mirrors).
  • A Small Rear Display - Used widely on First and many other companies.
  • A Long Rear Display - A lot less common than the Small Rear Display, mainly on Coastliner (ex) and some others i can't remember specifically.
  • Civic V3 Seats
  • Civic V2 Seats
Screenshots:

NEW: FINISHED MODEL (Still needs OMSI additions, like the Dashboard screens, Krueger, new seats etc)

FAQ:
Q: How much money did this model request cost?
A: Don't ask, though here's a clue, it's over £600.

Q: Will you make an Eclipse Urban (Euro 3)?
A: Most likely in the future, maybe. But for now, i have no interest in requesting a Euro 3 variant, mainly due to costs.

Q: What ticket machine will it have?
A: I've chosen the Ticketer as the machine of choice, mainly because it's becoming a more popular choice in companies, plus i believe it'd be simpler to make, since it has fewer buttons unlike the Almex machines.

Q: Can i have the repaint template when it's available?
A: Yes, whoever wants to include repaints for the bus when it releases, contact me personally about it and i'll see if i can include it. Though i can't have too many repainters, so we'll see. If you just want the template so they can do their own repaints after the bus's release, then go ahead.

Q: Expected release?
A: Maybe a few months from now, we'll see.

Q: Beta?
A: A team has already been chosen, so don't pester me for it.

Q: Beta if I donate?
A: Probably not, but i am getting requests to make a Patreon for the project, so we'll see if it ends up happening or not.

Q: Plz can i be tester?
A: Nay.

Last edited:

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
A work in progress shot of the interior has been sent to me today, though once done the seats most probably will be replaced with the ones here on Fellowsfilm.View attachment 37967
Looking superb! :eek::eek:
What are those maroon lines on the rear handrails, though?
I know it's something to do with Blender, but what is it exactly?
Thanks! ;)

Reactions: FirstBro

Advertisement

FirstBro

First Yorkshire's Managing Director
Thanks! ;)
Maroon lines? What do you mean? Also this is rendered in 3ds Max, so it might be that.

Edit: Ah, that might be because the rear handrails were selected while the screenshot was taken, since this is pretty much a screenshot of what he's done so far.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks! ;)
The UI elements visible, particularly the box up in the top right, indicate this isn't Blender but another modelling program. Blender uses red lines to mark seams, i.e. where a mesh will split to be unwrapped into a UV map - these lines might mean the same.

keep up the great work
@FirstBro Keep going, keep it up!
I would like to draw your attention to the particular wording of the first part of the post:
A work in progress shot of the interior has been sent to me today
The wording indicates this image was not taken by FirstBro, but by the modeller he's paying to make the model. Your compliments should therefore be directed at the un-named modeller who's actually doing all the work, not at the person with the money.

@FirstBro have you got any previous experience with Blender or developing for OMSI? Modelling, scripting, taming OMSI, etc., are all skills that have to be learnt through practise - just like playing an instrument or getting good at a sport. I fear that by simply paying for a high-quality model rather than developing the model yourself, you will be left with a high quality model that you lack the skills to put into OMSI in a way that does justice to the quality or cost of the model...

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Maroon lines? What do you mean? Also this is rendered in 3ds Max, so it might be that.

Edit: Ah, that might be because the rear handrails were selected while the screenshot was taken, since this is pretty much a screenshot of what he's done so far.
The UI elements visible, particularly the box up in the top right, indicate this isn't Blender but another modelling program. Blender uses red lines to mark seams, i.e. where a mesh will split to be unwrapped into a UV map - these lines might mean the same.

I would like to draw your attention to the particular wording of the first part of the post:

The wording indicates this image was not taken by FirstBro, but by the modeller he's paying to make the model. Your compliments should therefore be directed at the un-named modeller who's actually doing all the work, not at the person with the money.

@FirstBro have you got any previous experience with Blender or developing for OMSI? Modelling, scripting, taming OMSI, etc., are all skills that have to be learnt through practise - just like playing an instrument or getting good at a sport. I fear that by simply paying for a high-quality model rather than developing the model yourself, you will be left with a high quality model that you lack the skills to put into OMSI in a way that does justice to the quality or cost of the model...
Thanks for the info, guys! :D

Reactions: FirstBro

FirstBro

First Yorkshire's Managing Director

Indeed, that is why i made it evident in the main thread that i wasn't the one making the model :)

As for importing, i have imported a model into OMSI from Blender before in the past, so if me trying myself doesn't work, i'll have to seek help with doing so. Don't worry, the amazing model the modeler is creating is being created specifically to work for OMSI. I did tell him the poly limit he should stick to thanks to BlueOrange and some others for suggesting a limit, to make sure OMSI doesn't have a fit when trying to import it. As for scripting, i have no clue on how that'll work, so i'll most likely look at other buses for inspiration on that side.

Trust me mate, it will end up working eventually no matter what! I'll never give up on this :)

Last edited:

Frosty

Member of studioOnonoki
Sep 20, 2017
London
twitter.com

I understand :D

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread