Buses Wright Eclipse Urban (Euro 4) (On Hold)

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

FirstBro

Wright Eclipse Urban Pleb
Mar 13, 2017
Looking superb! :eek::eek:
What are those maroon lines on the rear handrails, though?
I know it's something to do with Blender, but what is it exactly?
Thanks! ;)
Maroon lines? What do you mean? Also this is rendered in 3ds Max, so it might be that.

Edit: Ah, that might be because the rear handrails were selected while the screenshot was taken, since this is pretty much a screenshot of what he's done so far.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Looking superb! :eek::eek:
What are those maroon lines on the rear handrails, though?
I know it's something to do with Blender, but what is it exactly?
Thanks! ;)
The UI elements visible, particularly the box up in the top right, indicate this isn't Blender but another modelling program. Blender uses red lines to mark seams, i.e. where a mesh will split to be unwrapped into a UV map - these lines might mean the same.

keep up the great work
@FirstBro Keep going, keep it up!
I would like to draw your attention to the particular wording of the first part of the post:
A work in progress shot of the interior has been sent to me today
The wording indicates this image was not taken by FirstBro, but by the modeller he's paying to make the model. Your compliments should therefore be directed at the un-named modeller who's actually doing all the work, not at the person with the money.

@FirstBro have you got any previous experience with Blender or developing for OMSI? Modelling, scripting, taming OMSI, etc., are all skills that have to be learnt through practise - just like playing an instrument or getting good at a sport. I fear that by simply paying for a high-quality model rather than developing the model yourself, you will be left with a high quality model that you lack the skills to put into OMSI in a way that does justice to the quality or cost of the model...

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Renowned and Fusioned Member
Jun 28, 2018
Maroon lines? What do you mean? Also this is rendered in 3ds Max, so it might be that.

Edit: Ah, that might be because the rear handrails were selected while the screenshot was taken, since this is pretty much a screenshot of what he's done so far.
The UI elements visible, particularly the box up in the top right, indicate this isn't Blender but another modelling program. Blender uses red lines to mark seams, i.e. where a mesh will split to be unwrapped into a UV map - these lines might mean the same.

I would like to draw your attention to the particular wording of the first part of the post:

The wording indicates this image was not taken by FirstBro, but by the modeller he's paying to make the model. Your compliments should therefore be directed at the un-named modeller who's actually doing all the work, not at the person with the money.

@FirstBro have you got any previous experience with Blender or developing for OMSI? Modelling, scripting, taming OMSI, etc., are all skills that have to be learnt through practise - just like playing an instrument or getting good at a sport. I fear that by simply paying for a high-quality model rather than developing the model yourself, you will be left with a high quality model that you lack the skills to put into OMSI in a way that does justice to the quality or cost of the model...
Thanks for the info, guys! :D

Reactions: FirstBro

FirstBro

Wright Eclipse Urban Pleb
Mar 13, 2017

Indeed, that is why i made it evident in the main thread that i wasn't the one making the model :)

As for importing, i have imported a model into OMSI from Blender before in the past, so if me trying myself doesn't work, i'll have to seek help with doing so. Don't worry, the amazing model the modeler is creating is being created specifically to work for OMSI. I did tell him the poly limit he should stick to thanks to BlueOrange and some others for suggesting a limit, to make sure OMSI doesn't have a fit when trying to import it. As for scripting, i have no clue on how that'll work, so i'll most likely look at other buses for inspiration on that side.

Trust me mate, it will end up working eventually no matter what! I'll never give up on this :)

Last edited:

Frosty

Just pass me a Voith.
Sep 20, 2017

I understand :D

Paul.G

Sep 24, 2016
Looks amazing. Always a warm welcome to see new vehicles being created for OMSI. Keep up the amazing work