Would my brother's computer run train simulator 2019? (1 Viewer)

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool
GPU is fine but i think the Ryzen 3 should just be enough to run train sim, after some research it is initially clocked at 3.5GHz, which may go up to 3.7GHz using Turbo Boost, From the Minimum requirements of Train sim, its asking for atleast Intel Core-i3 4330 3.50 GHz Dual Core or AMD A8 6600K 3.90 GHz Quad Core.

[EDIT] This bit is wrong, for some reason my brain doesnt want to function correctly --> Could be pushing it though, it is on the low end of GPU's, hope this helps.

Last edited:

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Yes, that'll be 100% fine. The GTX1070 is still a recent enthusiast grade GPU, it's more than up to any current gaming load. The Ryzen 3 2200G is an even more recent quad-core chip, not a high-end part but perfectly competent.

As a note about the post above, higher clock speed does not equal higher performance - more recent chips have a higher IPC (instructions per clock) than the older i3 noted in the requirements. Couple that with the 2200G being a true quad-core while the 4330 is a hyperthreaded dual-core and in the real world the 2200G is about 40-odd percent faster in synthetic benchmarks, in spite of the lower clock speed.

Also idk where the notion of the 1070 being on the lower end of GPUs has come from, it was only one step down from the absolute top tier at launch less than three years ago and it still holds its own more than well today.

May 1, 2017
Hi guys, Thanks for your replies.
Turns out that different people are buying my brother computer components for his birthday, so hes now going to have a new intel i9 9900k processer on a ROG maximus xi hero wife motherboard, but the graphics card is staying the same (
Nividia GeForce GTX 1070 ).

So am I correct from reading your comments above that this should be more than ok to run Train Simulator 2019?

Reactions: BigOmsiFan

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Hi guys, Thanks for your replies.
Turns out that different people are buying my brother computer components for his birthday, so hes now going to have a new intel i9 9900k processer on a ROG maximus xi hero wife motherboard, but the graphics card is staying the same (
Nividia GeForce GTX 1070 ).

So am I correct from reading your comments above that this should be more than ok to run Train Simulator 2019?

Absolutely.

Reactions: BigOmsiFan
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread