• BYD (Build Your Dreams)

• Irizar

Results are only viewable after voting.

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
A stark contrast to the other thread.

Dennis Darts need to be in the scrapper. Loud, rattlely, almost falling apart, suspension is far too hard and over reactive. Nasty nasty things, hopefully the green push will see them out.

Scania Omnicity N230UD. I have a better name for them, but I don't wish to get into trouble. Horrible vibrations in the bus, really strange cheap looking bonded glazing, and really odd hopper windows. Nasty European seats, an overall awful experience. But at least they have nice large windows.

Enviro 200 (Dart (Yes I know it's not called that Kieron, but for simplicity's sake)). Cheap sardine cans which seem like they're about to fall apart even more than an older Dart, which is shocking considering these are younger. However, the facelift is much better, a vast improvement. The MMC restored my faith in the E200.

Enviro 400H City. I will admit, the passenger seat experience is REALLY nice. Wonderful things to ride on. But the exterior is just a pound land Borismaster, something that might be reviewed on ashen's channel.

Bristol Superlight. Never been on it, but it's fugly, and I assume to be a contender for 'Britain's Lightest Bus', you have to compromise on the passenger experience quite a bit.

Anyway that's my 2 cents, what do you think?

Reactions: seppdemba
D

Deleted member 422

Dennis Darts need to be in the scrapper. Loud, rattlely, almost falling apart, suspension is far too hard and over reactive. Nasty nasty things, hopefully the green push will see them out.

Scania Omnicity N230UD. I have a better name for them, but I don't wish to get into trouble. Horrible vibrations in the bus, really strange cheap looking bonded glazing, and really odd hopper windows. Nasty European seats, an overall awful experience. But at least they have nice large windows.

Enviro 200 (Dart (Yes I know it's not called that Kieron, but for simplicity's sake)). Cheap sardine cans which seem like they're about to fall apart even more than an older Dart, which is shocking considering these are younger. However, the facelift is much better, a vast improvement. The MMC restored my faith in the E200.

Enviro 400H City. I will admit, the passenger seat experience is REALLY nice. Wonderful things to ride on. But the exterior is just a pound land Borismaster, something that might be reviewed on ashen's channel.

Bristol Superlight. Never been on it, but it's fugly, and I assume to be a contender for 'Britain's Lightest Bus', you have to compromise on the passenger experience quite a bit.

You can get E200 Darts? They are up to Euro4 :P

I think that the Dart I have a liking for, same for the Omnicity.

My worst buses are pretty much all recently designed Wrightbuses. Namely, the Streetshite (lite), Streetwreck (deck), Gemini3 MKIII. Also disliked, is the 'MMC' range.

Advertisement

Benjy

The DJ Guy
Oct 24, 2016
United Kingdom

Streetlite

Costar1198

Some guy from Croydon innit
Mar 30, 2016
imo it has to be the Streetlite and Streetwreck, build quality is shocking, E200s aswell, unless it is ZF Euro 6, because the rest are boring, simple XD
Oh and don't get me started on the DB300, ruined the DB250, Ruined it.

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
MMCs aren't that bad, pretty good Imo. Just the bloody gloss everywhere and the fact that the lower deck is really dark are my issues. Though I think Shitebus are going to pot with the utter crap they're producing.

I've personally only been on the streetlite once, and it shock and rattled all the way to Croydon. Cheap Wrecks.

Reactions: OmniWink
D

Deleted member 422

MMCs aren't that bad, pretty good Imo. Just the bloody gloss everywhere and the fact that the lower deck is really dark are my issues. Though I think Shitebus are going to pot with the utter crap they're producing.

I've personally only been on the streetlite once, and it shock and rattled all the way to Croydon. Cheap Wrecks.
Well, the E200MMC I went on was poorly designed. The buggy and wheelchair that got on, struggled to get past the front two cantilever seats behind the driver. The ride was horrible, nearly as bad as the suspension on a Streetlite, and the bus looks generally awful.

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
This is the worst bus I've ever had the misery of going on, ever.
HEAP.JPG

Advertisement

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
My least favourite bus I've been on was probably the London United Scania Omnicity when I went to London. Here's why: The seats were literally just plastic moulding with a bit of padding, really painful. My back hurted for at least five hours afterwards :D. Here is SP102, (not the one I rode but a similar one), not my picture.
My least favourite bus looks wise is the Plaxton Primo, it's so ugly I haven't given you a picture. Thankfully, Ladies Only Travel closed down so I don't have to see them EVER again (I hope).
On a side note, I do like the Scania buses, but the seats were just a bit dodgy on the Omnicity.

SP102 Red & Grey.jpg

Dare I say it, I quite like the Streetlites. (Nobody hurt me hehe)

Advertisement

The Dart is fairly nice, depending which year it was built in. As a rule of thumb, anything below 54 reg (when Dennis took over) is good, however the 55 reg ones I absolutely loathed on the 33 (hard Urban 90 seats) are really starting to grow on me (they are now on the H22 with refurbished soft urban 90 seats)
Moving on to the E200, they are dire. Some of the 07 reg we have at FW are nice, any 08-59 reg's are terrible, the later Euro 5 pre facelifted E200's are borderline. The E20D is fairly nice with the MMC being the best of the lot. Unless you have a TFL specifying start stop gearboxes which essentially killed the Citaro in London.
Oh and the Streetlites on the 450 crown the worst buses I have ever been on. The daimler engine vibrates, so does everything else, handrails, seats, people you name it.

Now the double deckers, something the UK is much better at.
My absolute favourite is the Gemini 3 B5LH, it is well built, well designed, comfortable and smooth. The B9TL Gemini is another favourite of mine- almost like a double decker Citaro once the ex ELT WVL's get refurbished. Oh and the Scania Omnidekkas at FW are gold, very powerful and comfortable. I haven't even gotten to my absolute favourite bus which is RT604, so old yet such a lovely machine. I like vintage buses in general.

Bad double deckers then. The MAN Lions City double deckers in Berlin have rock hard seats, a disappointment compared to previous versions. What they make up for is the great sounding engines. But hard seats are to be expected in Germany (it is all regulated by transport authorities, hardly any commercial services) Moving to the UK, the only double deckers I don't really like are the East Lances Myllenium B7TL's. Why? Because they always feel so heavy making longer trips a drag.
As for the LU Scanias, the refurbished 71/281 ones are very comfortable.

Reactions: Frenzie 2
ADL E300. Not nice busses. No kickdown, no thrash, horrible seats, drivers hate them for being so slow. Many examples where they trip the gearbox into over-revving to simulate kickdown, but it's not true kickdown.

On the otherhand my favourite busses are the Euro 3 ZF Scania N94UD's. Those are understated and are rockets. They'll keep up with any bus on the road. The acceleration on them is very similar to the Wright Pulsar 2 busses, infact they are probably faster.

Anyway, in comparison to that the E300 would have no chance. The other omnidekka I like is the N230UD, yes it's slow, but the noise! This is a sound recording I did earlier in the year:

Again the E300 will not keep up with one of these. This is proven regularly on the A60 next to Victoria Centre where this bus wipes the floor against Stagecoach's Pronto E300 before it needs to turn off. Additionally the N230UD's with nct have recently been refurbed and the seats are much better now.

However, I hate the N270UD. Yes it's more powerful but the gearbox on those is awful

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
Gemini 3 B5LH, it is well built, well designed, comfortable and smooth. The B9TL Gemini is another favourite of mine
The Gemini 3 gets a -D from me, purely for the reason of the shallow top deck windows, a feature I loved on the Gemini 2. But I'd definitely not call a B5LH smooth, not with those gears changes.

However I love the Gemini 2 body, wide windows, modern, bright, overall great design upgrade from the original Gemini, however the B9TL is something I'm not so keen on, far too loud, and it ruined the Gemini 2 for me. B5LH Gemini 2s aren't any better, they sound horrific and have a terrible rear layout.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread