Windows 8.1

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I want to know if anyone has problems with ets2 on 8.1. Am thinking about upgrading to 8.1 so please give me feedback about ets2 on 8.1.

Thanks!!

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Runs absolutely fine :)

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
I play ETS 2 with Windows 8.1 ! And I have no problem I think :) The only problem I have is a problem with my G27, the wheel in the game turn alone after 400° (But I don't know if it'sa problem with Windows 8.1 or not). But, no, I haven't any problem (Anyway I have not seen) with my game (And I play the game with Windows 8.1 (Or Windows 8 before) since July 2013) :D

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Personally I'd buy Windows 7 rather than 8/8.1 as it's just much more user friendly unless you're on a tablet / touchscreen computer. Although if it comes stock on your computer, don't pay to downgrade and just get used to it which is what I had to do on my laptop but I use Windows 7 on the Desktop.

I actually cross between Ubuntu and Windows 8.1 on the Laptop, sometimes I just get plain tired of Windows 8.1 which I never did with 7.

Reactions: Driver097 and 4D1L

hikarux3

Aug 25, 2014
i used both window 8.1 on my surface pro 1 and my desktop both system work perfectly on ets2

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
From XP? Wow, you're going to have a fun time learning 8.1. It took me a while to get used to and I was previously using 7.
When it comes to computers, I learn really fast. Also what helps is, My sister just got a new laptop with 8.1 and I mess it 8.1 on her laptop. So I already knew alot about it when I put it on my Desktop.

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Personally I'd buy Windows 7 rather than 8/8.1 as it's just much more user friendly unless you're on a tablet / touchscreen computer. Although if it comes stock on your computer, don't pay to downgrade and just get used to it which is what I had to do on my laptop but I use Windows 7 on the Desktop.

I actually cross between Ubuntu and Windows 8.1 on the Laptop, sometimes I just get plain tired of Windows 8.1 which I never did with 7.
I throught the same thing when I saw it on the laptops in stores (Like I said above to Razor) I used my sisters laptop with 8.1, Its not really that bad using it with mouse without a touch screen.

WorldAdidas

Jan 11, 2014
not really hard to learn windows 8.1. quite easy tbh.... the only big thing is that the metro desktop (i think thts how u call it). but other stuff like store and crap like tht are just useless

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
for those using window 8 or 8.1. I suggest you get start8 or startmenu8
I think I prefer the new "start menu." I don't know why, but it seems to be very fluid. I'm sure they'll bring the start menu back in Windows 9 though.

hikarux3

Aug 25, 2014
I think I prefer the new "start menu." I don't know why, but it seems to be very fluid. I'm sure they'll bring the start menu back in Windows 9 though.
i like the charm bar too for like choosing wifi, changing brightness, changing volume and to shut down my computer. But i oso like to have a start menu at the same time.

WorldAdidas

Jan 11, 2014
I hardly use that start menu. All my applications are on my desktop and pined in taskbar. caz i hate tht menu. cant wait for w9