Will these PC specifications run my simulators (1 Viewer)

I am thinking of purchasing a gaming PC from a company on Amazon called Vibox which all seems to be legit. It’s currently priced at £619 but around an extra £80 for Windows 10 as this PC comes without no Operating system. I wanted to know if the PC would work on simulators such as Train simulator , Train sim world, OMSI 2 and fernbus and so on. I also wanted to know if you have any information and advice you could give. Anyway I’ll list the specs below:

• 3.8GHz (4.0GHz Turbo Speed) Super Fast AMD FX 4300 Quad 4-Core CPU Processor
  • 8GB DDR3 1600MHz High Speed RAM Memory
  • 1000GB (1TB) Hard Drive Storage Space
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 2GB Pascal Dedicated Advanced Graphics Card
  • 22" Widescreen LED FullHD 1080P Monitor Setup, Powercool Lightning Keyboard & Mouse Set, AVP Gamer Headset with MIC, Super Fast 150MBs USB Wireless Network WiFi Adaptor, No Operating System, War Thunder In-Game Voucher Worth ú27 and Vibox Lifetime Evolution Guarantee

I also wanted to know how easy it would be to add the windows 10 operating system to the PC as it comes with No OS for example do I just put the windows 10 disk In and it loads up and does the rest itself and lastly should I do any additional research into this WiFi adapter that comes with it ?

Any help will be appreciated and I would really be thankful for advice as I’m quite new to things regarding this. Thanks :)

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
"Super Fast" and "High speed" are meaningless terms.
  • I'm not familiar with AMD's FX range but it would seem a reasonable processor.
  • 8GB RAM is minimum, 16GB would be better for 64 bit applications like TSW
  • The hard disk speed is not mentioned, it needs to be 7200 RPM
  • GTX1050 is not a fast graphics card, a GTX970 or 1060 would be preferable especially for newer stuff like TSW that leans on the graphics card more.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Opinions:
  • PC - not the greatest. Will run all of those, but likely not well. I can't give FPS numbers because that depends heavily on the situation, but TSW is not going to be good.
  • Windows 10 Install - Should be pretty straight forward, although you might want to look up a guide online to see what's involved before you start. Just make sure you turn off all the privacy invasion stuff when you do
  • WiFi - if you are in a position where it is possible to use Ethernet, do so. It's so much more reliable and usually much faster (although it won't make the internet the other side of your router any faster). WiFi is only really something I'd go for if running a cable isn't feasible.
And now I'm going to do battle with system builders to see if I can find a PC that's not 20% performance 80% marketing speak...

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Going to be honest here, the specs there aren't great.

AMD FX range is a case of avoid at all costs, do not touch FX or A-series with a 20-foot bargepole, they're horribly inefficient, really old technology (2011) and they kind of struggle when it comes to gaming. Again, that locks you into old tech with no upgrade path.

The CPU range I swear by is the AMD Ryzen range, absolutely brilliant and even performs well in OMSI, I use a Ryzen 5 1600 myself.

8GB RAM is bare minimum, you want 16GB in this day and age.

GPU, you want a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB as a minimum, a GTX 1060 6GB would be better, a GTX 1050 won't cut it for much longer than 12 months.

The price is another matter entirely, Vibox are a reputable company to an extent BUT the price they are charging is ridiculous.

Reactions: 0118999

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
It is possible to get a Ryzen 3 1200 and 1050Ti for about the same price, you might also be able to save a bit by buying cheap peripherals/monitor separately depending on what deals might be on. The 1050Ti is about 30% better, that Ryzen 3 is about 23% better.
If you really want a nicely priced PC, the way to go is to do a bunch of research into what makes components good, select your own ones and assemble them yourself. You lose out on whole-system guarantees, but you don't have to pay anyone to build, test and install bloatware on the system, so it usually ends up either cheaper or better for the same cost.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread