Votes: 29 19.5%
  • You play/ create thing for other people to enjoy in Omsi as well

Votes: 18 12.1%

• Total voters
Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
One of the main reasons I play is just to relax and take the wheel of buses! Being an enthusiast I do tend to whenever I can, and I do enjoy making repaints on occasion too!
OMSI2_20181219_200411.jpg

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Agree with Jonathan, until there is a better one program wise (GPU usage etc) OMSI is the best. It feels realistic, even the night time routes feel authentic, whereas even Train Sim World, as great as it is, they havent pushed it like M&R did with OMSI as todays engines can do a lot more.

I just think devs today are lazy. In a hurry for a quick buck than make something worthwhile.

Advertisement

Sep 11, 2016
Its funny for me because I'm not an enthusiast or a train spotter or anything like that.
I used to do the job in real life around London and now I'm a train driver in real life. I enjoyed the driving aspect of buses but it was everything else that goes with it, getting up for shifts, finishing late, difficult and sometimes dangerous passengers, its the same on the trains now, I enjoy the job itself but all the other stuff can put a bit of a dampener on it, in omsi or train sim I can just whack on the pc and do the bits I enjoy, ie driving, without having to worry about setting alarm clocks and getting up at 3am or having bad encounters with passengers.
Of course it will never be the same but its the closest you can get in my opinion in terms of physics etc, its a shame it wasn't developed further and the engine upgraded but we all know the story behind that one lol.
Basically to me I can do my job at home without the hassle that comes with it in real life

Advertisement

As someone who (until the pandemic hit) did a LOT of (car) mileage, I find it actually very relaxing to just drive around Cotterell for a while :)

The addition of the new buses over the last 2/3 years like the ALX and the Enviros has made it even better and shows the talent of the people involved that they can get so much out of such an old game. As someone said above, it's a pity it wasn't further developed (or released to open source so the community could do more with it), but I can't find anything better myself.

Reactions: TheFireLauncher4
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread