Why aren't there any good tutorials on how to actually create a bus for OMSI 2 (1 Viewer)

I can't seem to find any good tutorial on youtube on how to model a bus for OMSI, add sounds, creating the files etc. I've been wanting to learn for so long. I find blender very complex to use but I understand it somewhat. The problem is I don't know how to add sounds, how to transfer it to omsi, I said I would start a model but Iam start to having doubt.

Solution
Only if you are including in the download objects that the creator has specified you not to do so. Other than that, I don’t think so.

I will create a map based on google maps or pictures that I have using the map creator, so my guess is all objects will be originality. I may use blender for modeling. I don't believe any creator has tried making a map on Kingston before but as related to the buses I understand why there may or may not be copyright issues.

There is no tutorial on this subject (sounding) is another thing is on my mind is where can I get the sounds from? My guess is there are two ways to get sounds: 1st is to use the sounds from the original buses in OMSI 2 2nd is to get your own sound recordings. I would pick...

Advertisement

I have another concern pleas help. If I model a bus from using a blueprint will I have to consult the companies who operate the buses by the manufacturer permission to model the buses? I need professional advice and trust you guys alot.:) I asked this because I don't want to start working on a model and run into any trouble;)

Note: I have already ask the manufacturers and got the go ahead. But I was just wondering if I would get into trouble or lawsuit from companies who operate the bus. like for example if I wanted to model a bus from the jutc company will I have to ask them permission eventhough the manufacturers give me permission.

I have another concern pleas help. If I model a bus from using a blueprint will I have to consult the companies who operate the buses by the manufacturer permission to model the buses? I need professional advice and trust you guys alot.:) I asked this because I don't want to start working on a model and run into any trouble;)

Note: I have already ask the manufacturers and got the go ahead. But I was just wondering if I would get into trouble or lawsuit from companies who operate the bus. like for example if I wanted to model a bus from the jutc company will I have to ask them permission eventhough the manufacturers give me permission.
I don’t know the exact details, but for personal use or freeware, you should be perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFireLauncher4
I don’t know the exact details, but for personal use and freeware, you should be perfectly fine.

Then that means I cannot create this bus as a Addon or DLC for OMSI????? this is so heartbreaking news. I had hopes for creating this vehicle for OMSI 2 which is why I created a thread asking how I can contact bus and map developers cause I need some serious help. It's only me only and I am trying my outmost best. This is very sad news.

I feel this bus would be a great addon for the game I will not be creating something just for personal use that's not fair.

Then that means I cannot create this bus as a Addon or DLC for OMSI????? this is so heartbreaking news. I had hopes for creating this vehicle for OMSI 2 which is why I created a thread asking how I can contact bus and map developers cause I need some serious help. It's only me only and I am trying my outmost best. This is very sad news.

I feel this bus would be a great addon for the game I will not be creating something just for personal use that's not fair.
Funny what a simple mistake can cause...

I meant “or” freeware, I do apologise about that...in terms of payware you may need to contact the operators (can someone comment on this?) but if it’s freeware you can use the branding. So you can make your bus

(By the way have you noticed that other released buses use company names?)

Funny what a simple mistake can cause...

I meant “or” freeware, I do apologise about that...in terms of payware you may need to contact the operators (can someone comment on this?) but if it’s freeware you can use the branding. So you can make your bus

(By the way have you noticed that other released buses use company names?)

Yes I did notice like for example the Doppelgelenk VanHool A330 Addon uses HOCHBAHN and HHV and the VanHool generation uses TEC.

Advertisement

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
You can model the bus for freeware legally, but if it was to go into a pay ware product, you would need to remove any branding that makes the bus in any way affliciated with the real thing (logos, names, so you wouldn’t be able to use the buses real name) this is also why the UKDT’s E400 was released as the C400, due to copyright issues, if it was released as the real bus names and logos and that under payware, that would be breaking the copyright laws, and you would therefore be sued. (I may be wrong with some of my information, anybody is free to correct me on anything I have said)

You can model the bus for freeware legally, but if it was to go into a pay ware product, you would need to remove any branding that makes the bus in any way affliciated with the real thing (logos, names, so you wouldn’t be able to use the buses real name) this is also why the UKDT’s E400 was released as the C400, due to copyright issues, if it was released as the real bus names and logos and that under payware, that would be breaking the copyright laws, and you would therefore be sued. (I may be wrong with some of my information, anybody is free to correct me on anything I have said)

great information. Thank you very much and greetings from Kingston Jamaica! I am new to all this bus addon creation stuff. I would like to create a addon based on the Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) service vehicles and also a map that shows the common routes.

note: I have no experience of this and I appreciate all assistance thank you once more.

Jem

heartfelt♥️reveluv
Masterswitch Studios
Feb 18, 2018
London, United Kingdom

Don't think it's the operators, rather one would have to discuss with the manufacturer of the bus directly (ADL/Wrightbus/Mercedes-Benz etc.) if they are able to license any logos etc. for use with a payware DLC/Mod.

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Don't think it's the operators, rather one would have to discuss with the manufacturer of the bus directly (ADL/Wrightbus/Mercedes-Benz etc.) if they are able to license any logos etc. for use with a payware DLC/Mod.
Yes, I meant the manufacturers, in terms of their logos and names of the buses themselves.

Advertisement

Only if you are including in the download objects that the creator has specified you not to do so. Other than that, I don’t think so.

I will create a map based on google maps or pictures that I have using the map creator, so my guess is all objects will be originality. I may use blender for modeling. I don't believe any creator has tried making a map on Kingston before but as related to the buses I understand why there may or may not be copyright issues.

There is no tutorial on this subject (sounding) is another thing is on my mind is where can I get the sounds from? My guess is there are two ways to get sounds: 1st is to use the sounds from the original buses in OMSI 2 2nd is to get your own sound recordings. I would pick the second option just to to add more realism and quality.

I viewed two tutorials on youtube regarding getting sounds for a vehicle, My question is how do I get the sounds? what programs should I use? what equipments do I use? how to edit the sounds? and also a good mike setup for recording a large vehicle both the interior and exterior.

tutorial links:

Last edited:
Solution
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread