Which Trucks Will You Be Using For Which Role In ATS? (1 Viewer)

Hello People, I have been wondering over the last few days about which truck i will use in ATS for specific roles. (Based off confirmed trucks) so i will start with myself P.S sorry if this is was posted in the wrong area

Peterbilt 579 - Fuel and chemicals transport
Kenworth T680 - Refrigerated Transport
Volvo VNL780- General Long haul freights
Kenworth W900 - Nothing, the fuel prices would be to expensive for my company haha

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
All I'm going to say :P

volvo+logo.png

Reactions: slavko

Advertisement

Advertisement

The thing is North American trucks have a lot smaller engines (biggest engine one available is 600HP and they measure HP differently in that area of the world (it about 90-95% of that in Europe - it works out 100HP in Europe works out to 92.5HPish in North America) the American truck drivers I know have engine sizes of 360-420 American HP. Also North American trucks carry a lot less weight then European ones 80,000lbs or 36300kg max weight and they pull longer trailers which have no framing on the underside or any crash protection underneath.

Wonder how CSC are going to make the game with the trailers - in CA they have fixed setting so they carry less load and a fixed speed limit of 55 mph. In the rest of North America you carry heaver loads but you move the trailer wheels about to get load balance and thus not over weight on axles.

We have also seen the Volvo VNL780, Though part of me says SCS wont add International, Sterling, Freightliner, Mack, Westernstar since Kenworth and Peterbilt overshadows them (besides who here actually has heard of sterling trucks lol)
I have heard of sterling trucks I got inside of 1 the truck is a mixture of a freighliner and ford its ugly

Last edited:
If I had to guess, I think the main dealers with multiple offerings will be Kenworth, Peterbilt, Freightliner, and Volvo. And then there might be a smaller variety of slightly less popular trucks to buy, like International, Mack, Sterling, Western Star, etc.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread