When do you get fined? (1 Viewer)

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
I'm relatively new to this game, and I'm just wondering how the fining system works. Most of the time, the speed limit is very slow and I'd much rather go about 70 than the limit of 50. I'll do that for most of the freeway and out of nowhere it seems, I'll get fined $550 for speeding. I think it happens usually when I pass through something, but I can't quite make out what I have to look for to slow down before I pass through it. This goes for anything—improper headlight usage, speeding, etc.

Usually happens before I enter a tunnel as well. What am I looking out for?

Advertisement

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
London
stobarttrucking.com
I never get fined for speeding. There are 3 ways not to get fined:

1. Know the different speed camera types. In the UK the Gatso Speed Camera is that yellow box. Then you use your handbrake to brake hard so you are just under the limit!
  2. Turn off Police in the config.cfg
    Look for the line in the config file which contains '
    uset g_police "1"'. Once you have done that, turn that 1 into a 0! Now you have no more Fines! Yay
  3. Drive really slowly! This method helps you get zero fines unless your bad at parking! Hehe
This guide was written by a Pro Truck Boy Racer!

You have to get used to watching for the cameras. I actually run a slow truck, so speeding isnt an issue for me, but the cameras do seem to sneak out of no where. Maybe the new game will have cops on the side of the road, like older games as well as speed cameras? ATS needs a diner with some arcade games, or a pilot for rest, recreation, something to eat ect.

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
I finally found what they look like, and now I can slam on my brakes when I approach one.
I'm not sure if it's clear enough in the picture—let me know what you think.
speed.jpg
Found anywhere you drive on the right side of the road.

Oh, but that's not all! Apparently this little bugger captures your speed too. I didn't even see it as I zoomed past. I blocked traffic to snap a pic, though.
speed2.jpg
Note:
These can also be placed in between guard rails.

Here's a third one I found.
towerspeed.jpg

Finally, I've only seen this one in London so far. They are rather obvious.
londonspeed.jpg
Found in the UK/London only.

I'll update this post whenever I find new ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muzz and Adi

Advertisement

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
Yeah, I find I make way more money than I can spend in this game, so I dont mind the fines sometimes. We need more ways to spend cash in these games. I try to remember these zones, but I always seem to blow right past them.

Well, I'm glad you make a lot of cash. I took out like 3 loans to get started and now I have ~50k. I did just start playing about a week ago though.

Aug 17, 2014
Once you get going, the fines you receive (as long as you're not crashing into everything ;) ) probably won't eat into your profits all that much. At the beginning it kind of stinks, though. Sometimes there are signs warning you of speed cameras. At this point, it's pretty easy to know the speed you need to brake to thanks to the new update as it will show up in your HUD GPS, if you have it up, that is.

adam&trucks

6 year truck sim driver.:D
Feb 7, 2014
charlotte nc
www.mocpages.com
like me i allways look out for the speed traps!:D there those overhead bars that look like projection cameras and look out for those ramdom grey boxes,observe the speed limit and look out for any road signs that mention words like "radar" its a tale tell sign that speed traps are near.slow down around them to the perfered speed limit after you pass them speed right back up!:D

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I always get fined for speeding, but because fines are so small I usually don't care.

Watch out for:
- The scaffolding-looking things that goes along the lane under a highway sign for around a truck length.
- Small gray boxes on stands on the side of the road.
- (In UK) Speed camera signs and around 0.25 of a mile there's a camera (gray box again).

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 4D1L
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread