What's your preference of truck, and why? (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Volvo because I love how the new Volvo looks and I don't see Europe trucks really all because I live in America and I see the American trucks all the time. But I do have a favorite with American truck but that will be told after ATS comes out.

I've not decided when it comes to american trucks yet, I like the Volvo 780 just because it's a volvo, although there's something nice about the Kenworth's too :P

Reactions: Speedy

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
US
www.ptvtc.com
I've not decided when it comes to american trucks yet, I like the Volvo 780 just because it's a volvo, although there's something nice about the Kenworth's too :p
I see Peterbuilt, Kenworth, Mack, International, and any other americans trucks on the road a lot. I like it when your on the highway next to a old truck like a Kenworth and you hear the Jake brake going and its really loud! :P :D

Reactions: Max
Where I live, it's mostly Volvo VNL 780's and Freightliner Cascadia's, with the occasional Kenworth and Peterbilt.

As to the topic though, I picked Volvo for it's tasteful interior, and good engine sounds. If I could pick two, Scania would be in a close second, I find when I drive the Scanias, the cab react to turns a bit differently than the Volvo's, I feel like the whole thing is going to tip over, a lot more than the Volvo would, that could be me hallucinating though lol.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I see Peterbuilt, Kenworth, Mack, International, and any other americans trucks on the road a lot. I like it when your on the highway next to a old truck like a Kenworth and you hear the Jake brake going and its really loud! :p :D

Pretty much all the old trucks over here have been exported to Africa now, they cost more to run/tax for the companies because the engines aren't the eco-friendly ones :p

Reactions: Speedy

Advertisement

adam&trucks

6 year truck sim driver.:D
Feb 7, 2014
charlotte nc
www.mocpages.com
i like the volvo fh16(new) because it has a commanding powertrain and it never gets stuck on hills like stein bruch plus a heavy load along with it,it does has tiny bit of a slow down but it does make it up the hill,its a great choice, in total you can go up 30 or even 40 rpm on the hill but you have to get up the hill fast or you'l have a hesitation.iveco daf so far dont make the cut when it comes to that area both of them stall when going up the hill but they do restart it only goes up to 15 to 10 rpm, in my opinion they better steer clear of steep hills and stick to roadways its easier going down but its not easy coming back up.there nice trucks as far as scania man nothing to report,but i will be honest i havent taken them to stein bruch but only to drop things off,:) but for the renault premium for some reason it doesint move fast enough,the reanault magnum perfoms just fine, but mainly i like scania and volvo and man would be my best choices,as for majestic(mercedess) they have they have good capabilities but it only has one gas tank which makes it a gas guzzler,meaning the eco driving might not help you if your running short on gas,it does help when it comes to getting gas not burning quickly,the majestic will do that without the eco driving, ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Max
It's a shame you didn't put Peterbilt! I love my 389 and 387! I like 'em because I drive 'em. I've got a nicely tuned J-Brake, so it makes a nice, deep roar.... The 389 below is my in-game truck, while the 387 below is the truck I drive!
98wzPXv.jpg

983841_531605543564203_953459979_n.jpg

Reactions: Daramin

Advertisement

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread