What's your favourite state / city / road in ATS ? (1 Viewer)

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Hi all !
I create this thread to see what's your favourite state (even if there are only 2 states in ATS right now), your favourite city, and your favourite road.

• My favourite state is California.
Why ? There are varied landscapes. You can drive in big cities as much as in wide extended.

reXewGF.png

My favourite
city is San Francisco.
Why ? I love the streets of San Francisco ! Up...Down...Up...Down... I love it ! :D

4Diigmd.png

My favourite road is the West Coast (San Rafael - Oxnard).
Why ? The sceneries are wonderful. You can observe the waves of the Pacific Ocean.

54m69q6.png

What about you ? What's your favourite state / city / road in ATS ?
Let me know in the comments !

I like the interstate that links San Diego to Sacramento in California. I think it's called the Interstate 5 (I-5) in the West coast of the United States (yay for Wikipedia).

I like how you pass through several cities while driving in a straight line all the way. As a european, that particular highway makes me feel like i'm driving on an american road.

Now that i'm on the Wikipedia page for the I-5 , i feel a certain urge to know everything about the roads i'm driving in ATS.

Thanks mate, for the inspiration your post gave me !

Reactions: David.Ikaël

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I really like the single track roads. On MP they're very fun when you meet oncoming trucks. At peak hour there's usually about 3 or 4 of you taking the pass at the same time. I love California for the same reason as you, the scenery is beautiful!

For me it is US 93 between Elko Nevada and Las Vegas. When I drive it in the middle of the night you literally feel like you are the only person for miles. I love the isolation of the road and blasting through the sleepy town of Pioche at 70mph. Speed limit through that town is 30.:cool:

Jun 29, 2014
I like the interstate that links San Diego to Sacramento in California. I think it's called the Interstate 5 (I-5) in the West coast of the United States (yay for Wikipedia).

I like how you pass through several cities while driving in a straight line all the way. As a european, that particular highway makes me feel like i'm driving on an american road.

Now that i'm on the Wikipedia page for the I-5 , i feel a certain urge to know everything about the roads i'm driving in ATS.

Thanks mate, for the inspiration your post gave me !

And if you're still interested, you should look up the interstate highway system in general. I'm not sure how similar it is to the highway systems in Europe. But it is a grid system of East/West and North/South highways (easier to see in the West. Now some go diagonally. but if they go more north/south than east/west, then they are considered north/south and vise versa. East/West are evenly numbered and North/South are oddly numbered. The North/South highways the numbering starts with I-5 in the west and goes up to I-95 in the East. And the East/West start at I-8 (before, it started with I-10) and goes to I-90 in the north. The original highways were the nice round numbers like 5,10,15, 40, and so forth, however others have been added over the years like I-8. Triple digits mean spurs and loops. It is a first number followed by the number of the highway it's connected to. If the first number is odd then it is a spur and will not reconnect with the original highway. If its even, then it's a loop that'll reconnect. For example, in the game, I-580 starts as a spur of I-80 in Reno and terminates in Carson City. Now if you look at any major Texan City, you'll see many ring roads, or loops, and the first digit will be even. Exit numbers are based on what mile up the highway you are. For East/West highways, mile markers start in the West and increment up, and the mile count restates at every state line. And North/South Interstate mile markings start in the south.

US Highways are very similar in numbering however it's all flipped. And interstates are very strict and uniform with controlled access, while US highways are not. US highways were originally just a patch work of pre-existing roads. And states do what ever they want with their own state highways.

Edit: Now that I look up the European E routes, they are pretty similar.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread