What's Your Favourite Bus? (1 Viewer)

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
Gemini 2s are bright airy, and modern designs, NRMS are poorly thought out, but they look really good, and the interior is nice. My favourite engine/driveline would have to be the E40H BAE, I simply love the whoosh they make when they set off. Not sure how your favourite bus is the E200 though.

Reactions: MylesW

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know quite what it is that makes me like them, but I do like a Euro 2 Dart (e.g. X212ONH)... They're noisy, they jolt when the AT545 gets confused, they rattle like a mother and baby centre, the suspension bottoms out on pot-holes and the Urban 90s make your butt sore, but for some reason I like them. :P A Euro 3 Dart has a better ride with seats that have actual padding and a much smoother engine + gearbox combo, but although the ISBe purrs nicely at low rpm, it quickly becomes crap when it actually tries to generate power. The E200 took the already not exciting E3 Dart and somehow made it worse... sadly whining away and not generating much power or so much as sound that resembles power from the 4-cyl ISBe...
If you want a double-deck, has to be a Trident...
And if you want a coach... no competition

D

Deleted member 422

I don't know quite what it is that makes me like them, but I do like a Euro 2 Dart (e.g. X212ONH)... They're noisy, they jolt when the AT545 gets confused, they rattle like a mother and baby centre, the suspension bottoms out on pot-holes and the Urban 90s make your butt sore, but for some reason I like them. :tongueout: A Euro 3 Dart has a better ride with seats that have actual padding and a much smoother engine + gearbox combo, but although the ISBe purrs nicely at low rpm, it quickly becomes crap when it actually tries to generate power. The E200 took the already not exciting E3 Dart and somehow made it worse... sadly whining away and not generating much power or so much as sound that resembles power from the 4-cyl ISBe...
If you want a double-deck, has to be a Trident...
And if you want a coach... no competition
Something you forgot from the Euro2, is that really low tone when they first accelerate :P

Costar1198

Some guy from Croydon innit
Mar 30, 2016
I think mine are pretty obvious, but I'm gonna state them anyways:

1. MCV Evolution bodied MAN 14.240, the sleek body design, evolved from the Marshall Capital, which has been part of the majority of my life, combined with what is an absolutely gorgeous engine tone and ZF gearbox, just makes everything perfect, not to forget the amazing kickdown on AE09 DHM

2. DAF DB250 (preferably Euro 2 ALX400), these are my childhood, and are such beasts. I recently rediscovered my love for them at SEBF being able to ride both V347 DGT and X425 FGP, made me one of the happiest people on the planet. I honestly love these buses.

3. Euro 2 Dennis Dart, as Road-Hog stated above, all of those features combined, added with the beautiful, classic bodywork of the Plaxton Pointer 2, just ticks the box for me, I remember W334 VGX, which is now in preservation, Metrobus's last of the T33/353 batch. I used to absolutely love riding her after school when she showed up.

4. Euro 6 Enviro 200 with ZF AS-Tronic gearbox, I don't know why, but I love these, they're so full of character, the Electronic Manual Gearbox helps with this. and there is a "whoosh" noise that comes from ours, which I have no clue what it is, but I love it, especially when they thrash and overrev in 1st.

5. Scania N230UD Omnidekka, I believe we have the only N230UD Omnidekkas around (they are identified as they have the fatlip to prevent the horridly low door on N270UD and N94UD), and they have an amazing ZF sound on pull-away, and... just Scania. Top Notch.

Mystic Greg

Add-on London Team
May 22, 2016
Not my photo, but these are probably my favourite. They are lovely things

tmp_23750-Screenshot_20170415-215339-1516023844.jpg

Advertisement

amelia

maybe i'm just thinking too much
Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
amethyst-studios.start.page
Pronouns
She/Her
Wow, an ex wymetro MyBus. I've probably been on that bus going to school many years ago...

For me, my favourite single decker is the B10BLE Renown. My favourite double decker is the B9TL Gemini 2. I was very happy to hear Transdev operate both in their Harrogate fleet, so I'm not missing out on traveling on my favourite buses ;)
de2cbc8d879fa788609857591ecbd835.jpeg

de2cbc8d879fa788609857591ecbd835.jpeg

(Not my photos)

Advertisement

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
Wow, an ex wymetro MyBus. I've probably been on that bus going to school many years ago...

For me, my favourite single decker is the B10BLE Renown. My favourite double decker is the B9TL Gemini 2. I was very happy to hear Transdev operate both in their Harrogate fleet, so I'm not missing out on traveling on my favourite buses ;)
View attachment 10818
View attachment 10819
(Not my photos)
Is that an open day or something because humans (not staff) on out of use buses in depots getting washed seems weird.
54/05 plate Volvo B7RLE - Wright Eclipse Urban. Particularly the 667's in our fleet. Lovely and smooth, warm, quick comfortable.
Gotta agree there, they do sound marvelous.
My favourite is probably ALL THE BUSES (Except Plaxton Primo's, as stated EVERYWHERE ON ME), but (surprise) especially the BENDYBUSES.
First West Yorkshire lost all of it's from regular service but a trip to the Eden Project, Glasgow, Bath (or should I say Cotterell :tongueout:) or Manchester should produce some.
Another favourite of mine is the Volvo B7TL, especially First West Yorkshire's YJ04 F** batch, they are marvelled.

NOT MY VID.
NOT MY PICS.

First West Yorkshire 10025.jpg

First Aberdeen 10044.jpg

First West Of England 10175.jpg

Last edited:

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
View attachment 10867
For me, it's a toss-up between the Citaro C2, because the design and the quality of the bus are outstanding. (Not my photo - flickr.com/photos/guy_arab_uf/15358916916)
View attachment 10866

Citaros are much better quality compared to any British bus I've been on. I wish 10 & 8m versions had been made so instead of heapviros, they would be sonething I actually wouldn't mind spending time on.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread