What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Reactions: Albastru

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Wanted to experiment with something yesterday, within an hour inside blender this was the result, nothing perfect.
Perhaps this could be my next venture after the O405N.

Would anyone like to see a VanHool Alizee T8/ B10M in OMSI one day?

View attachment 49031View attachment 49033
well, that's far more than I could ever manage in an hour - it looks fantastic!
The more buses/coaches the merrier I guess, especially the older 80s/90s ones as most bus mods are recent vehicles.

Wanted to experiment with something yesterday, within an hour inside blender this was the result, nothing perfect.

*raises hand all the way to the moon, before loudly saying:*
"YES!!"

Not Finished but still in progress. New South Shields Bus/Metro Hub 2019

View attachment 49034

Looks amazing, love the buses too!
That's the CMB Leyland Fleetline, with some custom repaints, right?
If so, I'd love it if you'd release them, they look amazing!! :D

*raises hand all the way to the moon, before loudly saying:*
"YES!!"

Looks amazing, love the buses too!
That's the CMB Leyland Fleetline, with some custom repaints, right?
If so, I'd love it if you'd release them, they look amazing!! :D

Thanks it wasn't easy to create esp bus stand layout. They are indeed CMB leyland Fleet, the repaints came with it (Not mine). I did create repaints for for bus long time ago but didn't release them.

If you have not got bus google Find Classic-London-Buses-for-OMSI2 facebook and somewhere on their.

Reactions: Carlos37

Advertisement

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset

I see these coaches alot , I would love to see one in OMSI!

Alex Anderson

You know, the guy that owns Anderson?
Banned Member
Jul 26, 2019
Bo'ness
www.facebook.com
Reactions: Carlos37

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Got bored of the back and decided to try out making the front of this thing.
needssmoothing.png

Be familiar with the Bevel tool (CRTL B > Roller on your Mouse ) as well as smoothing faces/edges etc
I've done some looking at ways of smoothing out edges as in the pic above it is clear that it is all made up of tiny squares. Not totally figured it out yet.

Below in OMSI I've got one which is basically as above (but without the shaped bumper) next to one which was smoothed in Blender and looked okay. Once it made it into OMSI the small amounts of smoothing had somehow turned massive and screwed up most of the detailing.
With OMSI's lighting effects being what they are, it's kind of hard to tell what has actually been modelled in 3d so far.
neededsmoothing.png

On a side note - how would creating a curved windscreen work? I don't want there to be noticeably awkward angles or lines in the reflection when looking out from the F1/cab view.
Also I bet you didn't think you'd be seeing that rubbish red Optare Vecta again!

Advertisement

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Got bored of the back and decided to try out making the front of this thing.
View attachment 49202

I've done some looking at ways of smoothing out edges as in the pic above it is clear that it is all made up of tiny squares. Not totally figured it out yet.

Below in OMSI I've got one which is basically as above (but without the shaped bumper) next to one which was smoothed in Blender and looked okay. Once it made it into OMSI the small amounts of smoothing had somehow turned massive and screwed up most of the detailing.
With OMSI's lighting effects being what they are, it's kind of hard to tell what has actually been modelled in 3d so far.
View attachment 49201
On a side note - how would creating a curved windscreen work? I don't want there to be noticeably awkward angles or lines in the reflection when looking out from the F1/cab view.
Also I bet you didn't think you'd be seeing that rubbish red Optare Vecta again!
I would recommend adding the smooth function then adding the edge split modifier

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread