What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Jun 24, 2017
Some more progress made on the O405N.

To begin with, I did a complete re-design of the back of the bus as I felt the old one wasn't as good as it could have been.
Next, I attempted to create some wheels for the whole thing to sit on, I'm rather pleased with the ones at the front, not so much the ones on the rear.
And finally, I have begun to experiment with textures, I feel even though there's only a hand full of textures on the model, they seem to have almost bought the whole thing to life.

1a.PNG
1B.PNG

Advertisement

To begin with, I did a complete re-design of the back of the bus as I felt the old one wasn't as good as it could have been.
Next, I attempted to create some wheels for the whole thing to sit on, I'm rather pleased with the ones at the front, not so much the ones on the rear.
And finally, I have begun to experiment with textures, I feel even though there's only a hand full of textures on the model, they seem to have almost brought the whole thing to life.

View attachment 48247View attachment 48248
Looks amazing, keep up the amazing work! :D
Though I don't think that rear was ever used on buses built for the UK... might be wrong though. :)

westmidlandsbuses

westmidlandsbuses on flickr & instagram
Jan 30, 2016
West Midlands, UK
Though I don't think that rear was ever used on buses built for the UK... might be wrong though. :)
Travel West Midlands operated just shy of 200 O405Ns, between 1998 and 2013 - when the last of them were withdrawn.

Here's a photo of one of the rears (not my photo)

westmidlandsbuses

westmidlandsbuses on flickr & instagram
Jan 30, 2016
West Midlands, UK
Travel West Midlands operated just shy of 200 O405Ns, between 1998 and 2013 - when the last of them were withdrawn.

Here's a photo of one of the rears (not my photo)

And finally, I have begun to experiment with textures, I feel even though there's only a hand full of textures on the model, they seem to have almost bought the whole thing to life.

View attachment 48247View attachment 48248
Loving the progress on this project - the O405N was one of my favourite vehicles to don the local streets, in real life.

Wishing you all the best with this project. :)

Advertisement

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
Jun 24, 2017
So after my post the other day I realised I had forgotten to add an emergency door, luckily I was able to add that in without too much trouble. I also modelled the rear wheel correctly so it actually looks as it should. Finally, I've been adding various details, messing around with colour and creating the cab space.

P.S If anyone has any tips, guidance, suggestions or even criticism I'm all ears. Feedback is crucial.

2a.PNG
2b.PNG
2c.PNG
2d.PNG

Last edited:

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
So I thought I'd have (another) crack at an 11.9m Omnidekka, but this time using the 'approved' program. Now got to find out what key snaps the ends of extrusions together, because of course assuming it was going to be either CTRL or shift was inevitably going to be wrong.
a sort of omnidekka thing.png

And it says Sketchup because I made the profile of the rear end there so I could import it and it already be the right shape. Plus I haven't learned how to project reference images onto faces yet because it will be 18302 times more difficult than in every other program. Probably.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread