What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Jem

heartfelt♥️reveluv
Masterswitch Studios
Feb 18, 2018
London, United Kingdom
In all seriousness, exporting a model from Sketchup to Blender has many issues, the high poly count being one of them. Things like triangulation errors, seperated meshes and awkward material generation (not to mention the way the panel gaps appear to have been done will limit baking etc.) are an issue.

I do honestly want you to realise this yourself instead of people screaming at you "use blender", as I have realised when I tried making scenery objects. Online tutorials for modelling are available and hopefully, learning will allow you to make nice models.

We have a lovely piece of kit here from TR our wonderful outside modeler View attachment 45596View attachment 45597

Speaking of modelling, here's a reference picture of an Omnidekka rear:

iu

Proportions do not look right, so some adjustments can be made.
Do wish you the best of luck in seeing this being imported into the game though.

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
In all seriousness, exporting a model from Sketchup to Blender has many issues, the high poly count being one of them. Things like triangulation errors, seperated meshes and awkward material generation (not to mention the way the panel gaps appear to have been done will limit baking etc.) are an issue.

I do honestly want you to realise this yourself instead of people screaming at you "use blender", as I have realised when I tried making scenery objects. Online tutorials for modelling are available and hopefully, learning will allow you to make nice models.

Speaking of modelling, here's a reference picture of an Omnidekka rear:

iu

Proportions do not look right, so some adjustments can be made.
Do wish you the best of luck in seeing this being imported into the game though.
Not seeing a full rear destie bugs me! :P
04901F75-525D-43C5-957C-0DEB03332938.jpeg

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.