What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Nov 14, 2016
My work bench currently

• Love
Reactions: EddieStobartspotter

busmadguyuk

the british omnidekka
Oct 27, 2016

Advertisement

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
For the love of god, use blender. when the model is imported into blender the polys will be sky high. Its Ketchup Sketup. USE BLENDER
I have to say, apart from some minor details that need an edit, the bus looks really good. I do agree with blender, and my team are making ours in blender. However, if it looks good and works, I’m all for a SketchUp start.

Last edited:

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
We have a lovely piece of kit here from TR our wonderful outside modeler View attachment 45596View attachment 45597
Well , the model looks alright but the upper deck front is incorrect and so is the back. Also what a coincidence that the model is blue?
For the love of god, use blender. when the model is imported into blender the polys will be sky high. Its Ketchup Sketup. USE BLENDER
And I agree , Blender is so much better

busmadguyuk

the british omnidekka
Oct 27, 2016
Well , the model looks alright but the upper deck front is incorrect and so is the back. Also what a coincidence that the model is blue?

And I agree , Blender is so much better
Whats the coincidence mate we have been making this since july, I do not think you can say why is it a coincidence that the models in blue and also what does it even matter, many repainters will make different repaints, and due to the apparent incorrectness, I certainly can not see it, also with regards to the polys and performance, recently in game testing was conducted and no performance issues were registered in it, I believe the count was around 20 buses loaded in in the same area of a map, me and my team will do what we see fit weather that's using a different modeling software.

Albastru

Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Pronouns
They/Them
Whats the coincidence mate we have been making this since july, I do not think you can say why is it a coincidence that the models in blue and also what does it even matter, many repainters will make different repaints, and due to the apparent incorrectness, I certainly can not see it, also with regards to the polys and performance, recently in game testing was conducted and no performance issues were registered in it, I believe the count was around 20 buses loaded in in the same area of a map, me and my team will do what we see fit weather that's using a different modeling software.
The rear window seems to be squished, if that helps. It should take up almost all of the top rear.

Reactions: MrChips

Advertisement

Albastru

Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Pronouns
They/Them
I also think some people need to show a bit more respect to people who take the time to make projects for this game, it is really a labour of love #changeukomsi
I think the respect shown at the moment is good. People want to share criticism, and that’s ok if they pass it on in a friendly manner. I agree that it’s hard, and yes people should be acknowledging this.

Albastru

Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Pronouns
They/Them
That be a lowlander
Indeed it is. The Lowlander shares a similar back style, so it’s ok to reference an OmniDekka on temporarily. That’s what my OmniDekka project with George and Leyland do. We look at the rears and see what can and can’t be used in case I can’t find an OmniDekka out on the streets.
Edit - spelling

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread