What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
A) would be more people inlvoved that don’t normally get the chance to test maps B) is always a good way to get fed back from people u can trust but they could be to kind about the map ... what about an open beta like Bristol airport map ? Just suggestions
Just to re-iterate, Bristol Airport was tested with a small closed team before being available on Fellowsfilm by close, trusted friends.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
So, here's my 2 cents on getting people to test something:
1. Ideally you'll send them a release candidate - a version fully packaged up as though you were going to upload it. That way they can check the readme, dependency list, etc. as well as the map itself. Ideally you'll let them know about bugs you already know about, or have fixed all the bugs you can find yourself.
2. Only upload a version that has been tested - I've made this mistake myself before, you introduce a bug with just a simple fix and then upload the file without retesting it and end up with a broken submission.
3. The people you choose need to not only be trustworthy but useful. People who've got experience with OMSI will be able to identify and report bugs better, and they may well even be able to tell you what's causing the issue and how to fix it.

snarledcomic1

Wannabe Map Creator
Apr 27, 2018
The North
A) would be more people inlvoved that don’t normally get the chance to test maps B) is always a good way to get fed back from people u can trust but they could be to kind about the map ... what about an open beta like Bristol airport map ? Just suggestions

Yeah, I can see benefits for both but nothing is set in stone yet as there is still work to do ????

Reactions: Danny Brooks

eternalblue

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
Southwest England
View attachment 39675
interior is not mine and is just filler :)

they also should have custom ads, they work in game, so idk how there not there :)

I find it funny how most people can't appreciate these liveries enough.
I catch the U2 every day, which is serviced usually by buses with the U1's livery - as First can't be bothered to make a U2 livery (though we've had a mixture of buses recently), and the U5/U6 are very local routes to me, too. These replicas look absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to see the interior difference for the U5/U6 ALX400s - but thank you for doing this!

Advertisement

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
That's explicitly the purpose of providing near-identical variants. The images are taken from 3D models, which I rotated 60 degrees between each capture. Tick 'Random' when you select your tree, place it along the road and it will randomly pick from the variants available. However, this does not work with Attach To/Repeat, so you have to do it by hand.

The shelters look great, mind, and as we don't have any large shelters suitable for outside terminii, would be a welcome addition. Are these based off a real-life model or fictional?

The trees are too uniform. I'm sure UKDT flora includes variants that are rotated differently so it looks more natural

That's explicitly the purpose of providing near-identical variants. The images are taken from 3D models, which I rotated 60 degrees between each capture. Tick 'Random' when you select your tree, place it along the road and it will randomly pick from the variants available. However, this does not work with Attach To/Repeat, so you have to do it by hand.

Thanks for feedback, I try a different approach and will upload pic again for feedback.

The shelters look great, mind, and as we don't have any large shelters suitable for outside terminii, would be a welcome addition. Are these based off a real-life model or fictional?

Thanks. The bus stand are real and based from this

Real
Untitled3.2.jpg

My version
Untitled3.3.jpg

Reactions: ARTY 1 and Carlos37

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread