What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

snarledcomic1

Wannabe Map Creator
Apr 27, 2018
The North
Welcome to Whitestone! This is a fictional town based in the North of England. As you can tell the terrain is from Grundorf. In the WIP/Pre-Alpha stage it has the same routes as Grundorf but it should have new ticketpacks and voices (Fingers crossed) it is using Grundorf as I am unable to create tiles in my own editor so I am using something relatively plain. For the next stage of Whitestone I may use a British map or another default map. The operator will be 'Cole's Coaches', a fictional independent company.

Q. Can I test?
A. One, its nowhere near alpha nevermind testing stage so, no

Q. Release Date?
A. I wish I could say. I hope to finish it by the summer (Well for this version)

Q. Future routes etc.
A. If I can expand the map I will add a retail park in and make a shopper hopper route, no guarantees though. Possibly when the full version comes out

Q. What buses will be in it
A. If I can actually convert it to fully left path then it would be the usual suspects: C400R, ALX400 etc.

Q. Will I be able to test at some point?
A. Yes and no. There will be no public beta as it will be private between myself and friends who are on Fellowsfilm but this will be a 'Demo' for the bigger project

Q. Will there be any other companies
A. Who knows? I may add an Arriva AI route for competiton

Also I hope to be releasing a Cole's coaches repaint for the Caetano Levante shortly so you can see the repaints that will be used in the map.
Here are some of the changes I have made. Not huge but this map will shoot up!
20181226202114_1.jpg

20181226202101_1.jpg
20181226202107_1.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Hello , this is if you want to show a map you are working on and if you are unsure if you will finish it or not.
An example , this is my fictional map ( a really heavy WIP) based around Shepton Mallet. Here you can see first virtuals depot and the bus stop. Buses would turn around in the depot. This probably wont get finished.
mapdev.png

Last edited:

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Welcome to Whitestone! This is a fictional town based in the North of England. As you can tell the terrain is from Grundorf. In the WIP/Pre-Alpha stage it has the same routes as Grundorf but it should have new ticketpacks and voices (Fingers crossed) it is using Grundorf as I am unable to create tiles in my own editor so I am using something relatively plain. For the next stage of Whitestone I may use a British map or another default map. The operator will be 'Cole's Coaches', a fictional independent company.

Q. Can I test?

Q. Release Date?
A. I wish I could say. I hope to finish it by the summer (Well for this version)

Q. Future routes etc.
A. If I can expand the map I will add a retail park in and make a shopper hopper route, no guarantees though. Possibly when the full version comes out

A. If I can actually convert it to fully left path then it would be the usual suspects: C400R, ALX400 etc.

A. Yes and no. There will be no public beta as it will be private between myself and friends who are on Fellowsfilm but this will be a 'Demo' for the bigger project

Also I hope to be releasing a Cole's coaches repaint for the Caetano Levante shortly so you can see the repaints that will be used in the map.
Here are some of the changes I have made. Not huge but this map will shoot up!View attachment 39159

View attachment 39157View attachment 39158
At first, I thought it was this small village that there is in my town (The village is called Whitestone). Looking good though!

Reactions: snarledcomic1

Q. Can I test?

Q. Release Date?

Q. Future routes etc.

Here are some of the changes I have made. Not huge but this map will shoot up!View attachment 39159

View attachment 39157View attachment 39158
Looks abit like grundorf

Reactions: Danny Brooks

Advertisement

Northern Counties anyone?
View attachment 38958
*raises hand* Me! Me!! Me!!!
That bodyshell model looks awesome, I'm hyped for it!

View attachment 39302View attachment 39303

Close enough (for now)

+ backup I managed to find on my cloud drive

View attachment 39305

Operation Asymmetry (?)

*visits Fellowsfilm forums*
*clicks on Alerts*
*clicks on "What's on your Workbench?"*
*looks what's new*
*faints*

*wakes up*
*looks again*
*nearly faints again, but catches self*

THAT'S AWESOME!
Sorry for shouting, but that's such a stunning model of that MCW Metrobus!!
And that bus on the right's not too shabby either, quite the contrary, it's awesome!
(I'm assuming the right one's supposed to be this bus?)

• Haha
Reactions: MylesW and sancouve

sancouve

Armchair Developer
Nov 10, 2016
Hong Kong
And that bus on the right's not too shabby either, quite the contrary, it's awesome!
(I'm assuming the right one's supposed to be this bus?)
Thanks, that's my first attempt at making a bus, back when I was still using Hackintosh (aka running macOS on a custom PC). As one would expect, the Hackintosh didn't end well, and I've lost quite some progress then.
You might think that looked good, but I can tell you it's far from ideal because I kept trying to keep the tri count down. This model will not be used as more than a reference in the future.

AlphaZulu

i am alphazulu
Dec 4, 2016
www.youtube.com
Lakesider
An OMSI 2 Map based in the South Lakes
Coming eventually maybe i don't know we'll see if the map goes well
preview1.PNG

(bus repaints do not belong to me.... i'll make my own eventually)

A Discord will be made soon to provide feedback and discuss about the map. A thread will be made soon before Phase 1 of map building is complete. (Phase 1 will feature the route 599, operating from Windermere to Ambleside, and will be released to selected early access testers and influencers only.)

Let's see how far this map gets...

snarledcomic1

Wannabe Map Creator
Apr 27, 2018
The North
Lakesider
An OMSI 2 Map based in the South Lakes
Coming eventually maybe i don't know we'll see if the map goes well
View attachment 39518
(bus repaints do not belong to me.... i'll make my own eventually)

A Discord will be made soon to provide feedback and discuss about the map. A thread will be made soon before Phase 1 of map building is complete. (Phase 1 will feature the route 599, operating from Windermere to Ambleside, and will be released to selected early access testers and influencers only.)

Let's see how far this map gets...

A Lake District map is something that the UK community needs! Looks great as well. Can’t wait to see this progress

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread