What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Something I'm trying out, using a mixture of berlin buildings, Farthington objects, freemans objects, the roads from the DDR part of berlin converted to left path and the british scenery pack. A very very long way off even being playable, but I do have a plan for how I'm going to do this, so this should be more successful than everything else I've ever done.View attachment 13

Advertisement

Florence3099

Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I did a left path conversion of them using the spline r2l and crossing converter.

If you want me to upload it then I will do if that's ok with the admins.

However I have been having issues with the spline paths and disappearing AI, not to mention that when I first loaded the map only SD200s were spawning in traffic and the game crashed very quickly

Some more shots:View attachment 22View attachment 23View attachment 24View attachment 25

Reactions: BigOmsiFan

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
I am unsure whether @iomex is planning on converting the DDR_RUE objects and splines but if he isn't then feel free to upload them to the file directory... The more files the better ^_^

Advertisement

trainzy

Average Joe
Jan 24, 2016
Yes, I'm afraid so... When I stared building, it was right hand side because there wasn't any decent left hand buses but with that market growing now, I could start a new project to cater that in the future. For the moment, Fluxton will be released right hand drive because I like the way it looks. If I decide to change it, it may not every that good. Sorry!

I might do a devolpment video, like you did iomex, to show what I hope Fluxton will be and show some of its glory side.

Reactions: whsde

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
To be honest there is still a market for right-path UK maps. It's a common thread that people prefer the continental spec buses - I can see where they're coming from, mind.

One thing I've always wanted to do was go over Bowdenham and put proper signage and markings in, repaint buildings, etc - it's beginning to show its age but then that's a huge project I simply cannot commit to haha.

trainzy

Average Joe
Jan 24, 2016
I think that too but I see it that Dazza, probably gets fed up when something new and awesome comes out. For example roadhogs pack came out a couple weeks later when he released it.

Anyway, I've started to work more east of the city into the Somerset countryside, where roads get narrower. This will show the route 13/13B to Barney Commomn. I'll explain more in my video which I'll upload in the week

Advertisement

Florence3099

Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes, working on Bowdenham is a difficult task, especially in the V4. Even the conversion of V3 failed essentially because of some of the crossings simply not being suitable for left path. For right path UK maps, I also feel there is a market for this and while pretty much every left path project I've done has failed because I didnt like where I was going, an idea that has struck me is a semi fictional map based on the South Lakes around Grasmere And Windermere doing 4 routes around there (505, 516, 525 & 599) being logical due to the relative simplicity of the roads around there. Obviously they will be wider than reality but that's due to OMSI's 2003 standard AI. The idea is to develop a route at a time in right path, and then do a conversion to left path. This will satisfy both markets and leave a left path version until there is more buses available. Also: Those damned bus stop cubes and the passengers stepping out into the road.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Yeah this is the thing with large maps. I've always said that we've moved on from the sort of quality you have with Bowdenham, but that shouldn't be a criticism of the map in the slightest as it would be impossible to keep Bowdenham up to scratch with the latest standards. For example, lets say he spends a few months making it more like BoTW. A few months after BoTW is when Farthington came out, so he would have to redo it all over again as soon as he finished. And now we've got Cotterell not too far off so he'd have to rebuilt the map again. It's simply not feasible which is why I forgive larger maps which have lower quality.

I've certainly noticed the difference in quality between BoTW and Cotterell - but to be quite frank if I was to bring BoTW up to Cotterell standards it'd probably take me the best part of a year given it takes a day's solid work to do about 200 yards in Cotterell.

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
i am currently working on london bus route 168...

View attachment 26

I've been on and off building this route for the pass year the route currently goes from Euston station to Bricklayer arms the full route runs from Hampstead heath to Old Kent Road Tesco. Currently i am reworking the scenery and the "textures" for the whole route before starting to work on the section between Euston to Hampstead Heath.View attachment 27

I worked on a few splines for the route as well some scenery-objects as well for the map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread