What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Might be useful to have a play with the 'Subdivision Surface' modifier on certain areas of the mesh, instead of 'Smooth Shading'.

Maybe @FirstEnviro could drop a few tips if they want to? As the front upper deck curvature looks similar to the one on the E400 MMC
Using the Edge Split and Triangulate modifiers will ensure that the model, once exported, keeps where you've marked sharp and renders the mesh correctly.

View attachment 55049

When using Edge Split, ensuire that you set the angle by typing 180d to tell blender that your edge-splitted mesh should only be edge-split on where you set it to be sharp. Also, set the mesh to be "auto-smoothed" at 180d

View attachment 55050
Well I've had a go with some of the modifiers on the front panel of the bus, as well as figuring out how to give it the gently curved profile of the real thing instead of being flat as I've had it up to now (reattaching it to the rest of the bus now I've done that will be fun... not)
scania dash.png

scania dash curve.png
found a rendery thing too
scania dash rendered.png

I read that pressing W and then removing doubles would fix the holes and messy bits that have been generated. It didn't so I'll have to have another look at that in the future.
This panel also has double the number of tris as the whole of the rest of the bus now, so I'll probably have to find a more 'economical' way of doing this.

Reactions: Matfiej

Advertisement

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
Reactions: Ddogb

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread