What's on your workbench?

georgeloxton02

I am making a Plaxton Premiere!
Apr 20, 2018
More Omnidekka. Wondering if I should make an actual thread for it instead of posting here every time, or if that's a little too much commitment!
View attachment 50265View attachment 50266
No massive progress since last time as I've been taking a break from it, but I don't want to leave it so long I forget how to use Blender! Added a little bit of the rubber around the windscreen as well as beginning to map out where things on the side are located, starting with the wheel arches.
Have been working from some photos I have of front/sides/rear of the prototype in Blender, although I know there will be some amount of distortion and inaccuracy using this method I don't expect this model to turn out identical to the real thing or the old one I modelled in Sketchup. I'd rather end up with it having the look and feel of an Omnidekka with a few minor discrepancies than be millimetre perfect but requiring ten times the research and work.
That looks stunning but make sure to apply the smooth tool and then edge split modifier. Once you have applied them you can still work on your model!

TitanAirways

Trucker from Campbeltown!
Aug 13, 2019
Favourite Truck
Scania
Reactions: Ecronbuses

georgeloxton02

I am making a Plaxton Premiere!
Apr 20, 2018
Reactions: Ecronbuses

Classy142

RIP Antoine Hurbert 1996 - 2019 Died in Spa For F2
Nov 26, 2016
ah @LeylandNationalStagecoach sadly i dont have the streetdeck yet but im glad you used parts from my repaints haha,

also on i side note for you, ive added a Non branded repaint to my renown pack w/ updates, just waiting for verification now

Moskie

Jan 16, 2016
Ah is it?
What's this one called, Barbie 1?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for any confusion caused.
Yours is closest to Barbie 3, short willow-leaf usually most seen on single deckers without adverts on the side. It was developed for that purpose.

Barbie 1 had a willow leaf that extended about 3/4 the length between the wheelbase
Barbie 3 was about 1/4 the length between the wheelbase.
Barbie 2 was of course the fade livery for buses not new to the group (ones that didn't have a First-spec interior until later)
Barbie 4 was the Park and Ride/Coach livery

Internal to the company:

Flying 'F'.png

This is a Flying 'F'

the F'in roundel.png

This is 'the F'in Roundel'

No I'm not joking. 😂

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
ah @LeylandNationalStagecoach sadly i dont have the streetdeck yet but im glad you used parts from my repaints haha,

also on i side note for you, ive added a Non branded repaint to my renown pack w/ updates, just waiting for verification now
Ah, well here's hoping you get the StreetDeck soon. It's truly amazing! :)
Thanks for providing me with that awesome original leaf which I can re-use in each of my Barbie liveries! (of course I'll credit you for it) :)
Ah nice! I've got good news for you: I think it already is approved! :D

Yours is closest to Barbie 3, short willow-leaf usually most seen on single deckers without adverts on the side. It was developed for that purpose.

Barbie 1 had a willow leaf that extended about 3/4 the length between the wheelbase
Barbie 3 was about 1/4 the length between the wheelbase.
Barbie 2 was of course the fade livery for buses not new to the group (ones that didn't have a First-spec interior until later)
Barbie 4 was the Park and Ride/Coach livery

Internal to the company:

View attachment 50549
This is a Flying 'F'

View attachment 50550
This is 'the F'in Roundel'

No I'm not joking. 😂
Thank you so much for all that info!
Very very informative and useful!
Thanks again! :D

Classy142

RIP Antoine Hurbert 1996 - 2019 Died in Spa For F2
Nov 26, 2016
Ah, well here's hoping you get the StreetDeck soon. It's truly amazing! :)
Thanks for providing me with that awesome original leaf which I can re-use in each of my Barbie liveries! (of course I'll credit you for it) :)
Ah nice! I've got good news for you: I think it already is approved! :D
- I am thinking of getting the streetdeck soon... hopefully
-Ah its alright, need any thing else made, ill help ya out best i can
-Aye it is indeed