What's on your workbench? (July-September 2020) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Working on Enville St in Stourbridge, still a heavy W.I.P:
252530_20200825183723_1.png
252530_20200825183726_1.png
252530_20200825183719_1.png

@Kyle
For now:
Route 6: Stourbridge to Dudley via Brierley Hill and Russells Hall Hospital
Route 8: Wolverhampton to Wollaston Farm via Dudley | Merry Hill | Stourbridge
Route X8: Wolverhampton to Birmingham via Dudley | Blackheath | Bearwood
Route 9: Stourbridge to Birmingham via Lye | Halesowen | Quinton | Bearwood

However I do want to expand further into Dudley, Halesowen and Quinton. But for now Stourbridge is my main objective.
Despite living in Birmingham, I've never been to Stourbridge.

Kyle

*This is a custom title*
Oct 25, 2016
@Kyle
For now:
Route 6: Stourbridge to Dudley via Brierley Hill and Russells Hall Hospital
Route 8: Wolverhampton to Wollaston Farm via Dudley | Merry Hill | Stourbridge
Route X8: Wolverhampton to Birmingham via Dudley | Blackheath | Bearwood
Route 9: Stourbridge to Birmingham via Lye | Halesowen | Quinton | Bearwood

However I do want to expand further into Dudley, Halesowen and Quinton. But for now Stourbridge is my main objective.
Despite living in Birmingham, I've never been to Stourbridge.
Thats awesome, I especially love the route 9, I always took it to Lye from Halesowen

Reactions: W4X

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
1598527833383.png

Recognise it? I'm sure you do but it looks different.
It's no Freemans object but my own creation.

I took a different approach to texture making and essentially started from scratch with a street-view image as a template for proportion, I used textures from textures.com and my fancy paint skills to get a consistent look.
I still messed up the proportions as my file management meant each image was a different resolution to start with causing problems so it's not perfect but still very nice.

This does mean however there is no shop inside as I don't know what to do for it and I don't want to make a shop inside by hand, any ideas?

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
View attachment 71374
Recognise it? I'm sure you do but it looks different.
It's no Freemans object but my own creation.

I took a different approach to texture making and essentially started from scratch with a street-view image as a template for proportion, I used textures from textures.com and my fancy paint skills to get a consistent look.
I still messed up the proportions as my file management meant each image was a different resolution to start with causing problems so it's not perfect but still very nice.

This does mean however there is no shop inside as I don't know what to do for it and I don't want to make a shop inside by hand, any ideas?
I like what you've tried to portray, but it looks quite lifeless, and gives off quite a 2015 omsi vibe, in my honest opinion. I think you're better off using shop front textures from google maps or something, as many other custom objects do. However, I do recognise the building, and where it is irl, so I will give you credit on that part. Best of luck for the rest!

Reactions: LT586 and owen6116

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
Back on this one again after some time off, and its nearly there...
20200827141712_1.jpg
20200827141720_1.jpg

As a footnote, this is supposed to be based off of EYMS' BP66 and BF67 Volvo B5TL MCV EvoSeti's. I'm currently unsure as to what will become of this pack if and when a good EvoSeti comes out for OMSI.

Next priority is cleaning up the dark grey bits of the interior and then adding in the tinted windows! After that, following a quick fix to the front end of the livery, it's adding the other variants!

Reactions: ARTY 1

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
I like what you've tried to portray, but it looks quite lifeless, and gives off quite a 2015 omsi vibe, in my honest opinion. I think you're better off using shop front textures from google maps or something, as many other custom objects do. However, I do recognise the building, and where it is irl, so I will give you credit on that part. Best of luck for the rest!
Is this ant better?
View attachment 71387
Is this better?

Some online images since getting good street view images is very challenging and requires a lot of work to clean up when people are walking by and there are parked cars in front.
1598535410065.png

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
Is this better?

Some online images since getting good street view images is very challenging and requires a lot of work to clean up when people are walking by and there are parked cars in front.
View attachment 71388
Oh dear no, not with Comic Sans. I’m not sure what the exact font is, but might I instead suggest VAG Rounded Bold for the signage?

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread