What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire.
C400R Driver & Passenger View Enhancement Pack? – Or not.
For the past few weeks including a complete PC meltdown & also taking Road Hogs comments into consideration I have been trying to get a more lifelike driver view. I can already hear some members saying why, well my reason is the default view is Monocular in nature, by that I mean if you were to look straight ahead & close your left eye ( for RHD vehicles ) or your right eye ( for LHD vehicles ) that is what you are virtually seeing in OMSI. However because of the OMSI software limitations you cannot get true Binocular view. So my target was to try & get as close to a binocular view as possible. But limiting factors are ----
1) As the software uses a single point for view origin increasing the F.O.V. works the same on both the Lateral & Vertical axis’s, not what happens in dual origin binocular views.
2) As you are looking at a view smaller than life size, the greater the F.O.V. the greater the impression of speed.
3) As the F.O.V. is increased the dashboard moves away, which can make it difficult to read the dials.
After many trials I think the balance I have finally struck achieves most of my gaols.
I originally worked on some older buses but then thought it should be on a more relevant new bus. I finally chose the C400R as I could add all three types into the route (BoTW 2.7) and by changing one bus file I could immediately compare changes with an unchanged variant.
Whilst going through the aforementioned procedure & working on this very detailed bus model I have tweaked some views & added some new ones, to show off more of authors work.
All these changes & additions are MY OWN PERSONAL Preferences.
What they are NOT, is a change to the original bus model.
What they are IS, is a change to the various camera view points, addition of some new ones, & a change in priority to Ticket m/c rather than the Dashboard.
The attachments show some but not all of the views, which were taken from my 22” PC monitor.
If there is any interest by members & the authors are happy for me to do so I will upload a Zip file containing the three revised Bus Files, including a read me file, to assist in installing.
If there is interest I could continue to do the same for other buses, but it will take time because there is NOT a universal formula, you have to work away from each original bus file using some trial & error.
Two minor things also noticed on my OMSI2 installation during my work & use were,
1) From cash box giving £1 change actually gave £5 note,
giving £2 change actually gave £10 note.
all other coin denominations OK.
This was with latest UKDT money file installed
2) The shadow reflections on all glass surfaces are good until I found that they were still there showing trees when I was inside Paington Bus Garage, oops.
I have a short in game video but am at a complete loss of how to upload a video.

20170105203215_1.jpg
20170105203150_1.jpg
20170105203222_1.jpg
20170105203343_1.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement

Changed the length of the 'shower cubicle', so that the seats at the back have legroom. Only problem with Chris' seats is they are much bigger than the originals. Both screenshots taken from the same place. The bus is getting near model completion, only the cab area left to go.
View attachment 6019View attachment 6020
Assuming that this is the B7TL, this is going very well! Good luck with the cab too, it's certainly turning out to be a promising project :)

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Changed the length of the 'shower cubicle', so that the seats at the back have legroom. Only problem with Chris' seats is they are much bigger than the originals. Both screenshots taken from the same place. The bus is getting near model completion, only the cab area left to go.
View attachment 6019View attachment 6020

Looking at pictures of B7TL Eclipse 1s IRL, it looks to me like the rear seats are made ductom to fit the location, rather than using the same seat padding as the rest of the bus. This is quite common in modern buses where a seat is made to fit a moulding, as normally operators will spec different seats for their own application so in order to use the same seat backs as the rest of the bus you'd have to have a different interior moulding for each seating type, which would be uneconomical.

VlNbs23icPB8JfIad0rSSjhMZpKmuFo1.jpeg

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Looking at pictures of B7TL Eclipse 1s IRL, it looks to me like the rear seats are made ductom to fit the location, rather than using the same seat padding as the rest of the bus. This is quite common in modern buses where a seat is made to fit a moulding, as normally operators will spec different seats for their own application so in order to use the same seat backs as the rest of the bus you'd have to have a different interior moulding for each seating type, which would be uneconomical.

Just a little point, it's a Gemini, not an Eclipse :tongueout: Anyway, the ones we have, use normal Civic V2's at the back, ju still withe the headrest removed. I'll have a look into that, and see what is the best courselling to take. Thanks.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Just a little point, it's a Gemini, not an Eclipse :tongueout: Anyway, the ones we have, use normal Civic V2's at the back, ju still withe the headrest removed. I'll have a look into that, and see what is the best courselling to take. Thanks.

I think you'll find that the full name is Eclipse Gemini? It's still a Volvo chassis, just like the Eclipse Urban, Eclipse Metro and Eclipse Fusion :P

Reactions: Rhys
D

Deleted member 422

I think you'll find that the full name is Eclipse Gemini? It's still a Volvo chassis, just like the Eclipse Urban, Eclipse Metro and Eclipse Fusion :tongueout:
Ah, oh well :P Next time I'm on one, which may be a while, I'll have a look and see what the seats are like. It might just be me being stupid like normal...

JDCustard

Founder of JDDEV
Aug 4, 2016
Love this bus hope the project goes well for you im looking forward to seeing the end product
Thanks!

This is looking great jdcustard keep up the great work
Thanks!

Excellent JDCustard!! - Good luck with this project - What are your plans with this may I ask ? - short or long body ?
I am going by the Euro 6 Spec as you can see, I could make 2 variants if needed? The 8.7m and the 11.9 (something like that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Danielread

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• E