What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
Oct 25, 2016
Berlin
Looks ace pal, can't wait to drive that around. (Better than this one :tongueout: )

Hi,
yeah, this is my original vBus-conversion I mentioned above. Or better: the guy who startet that WIP took my vBus-conversion as base.
I got the advantage that at my vBus-time, Neutral, the original author of the Mafia-RM gave me his z3d-file. For my WIP I took that z3d-file, where all parts are included. After chrisrose1993's hint of many inaccuracies of that model I first reworked the wings, gave them the brake vents and corrected the bulkhead and bonnet. I'm sure many things will follow.
Thanks for your post, Enviro400Taco. :)

Just something that may be of use, do you have Backface Culling on, in blender?

Hi Kieron, I'm working with anim8or and for now I use blender for x-conversion only. I didn't give any attention to the backfaces of the body, as I suppose, that the open faces will be closed by interior. Isn't that a good way, I'm not sure as this is my first OMSI-Project after doing only repaints.

Cheers, Matthias

D

Deleted member 422

Hi,
yeah, this is my original vBus-conversion I mentioned above. Or better: the guy who startet that WIP took my vBus-conversion as base.
I got the advantage that at my vBus-time, Neutral, the original author of the Mafia-RM gave me his z3d-file. For my WIP I took that z3d-file, where all parts are included. After chrisrose1993's hint of many inaccuracies of that model I first reworked the wings, gave them the brake vents and corrected the bulkhead and bonnet. I'm sure many things will follow.
Thanks for your post, Enviro400Taco. :)

Hi Kieron, I'm working with anim8or and for now I use blender for x-conversion only. I didn't give any attention to the backfaces of the body, as I suppose, that the open faces will be closed by interior. Isn't that a good way, I'm not sure as this is my first OMSI-Project after doing only repaints.

Cheers, Matthias
I'd suggest turning it on in Blender, or the equivalent in anim8tor. This is how Omsi will read the model, so it shows you in advance, in any faces are the wrong way around. I have beenjoyed working on he Gemini for quite some time and didn't have it checked and it is now needing massive remodelling to get the faces in the right place, and the right way around :)

Oct 25, 2016
Berlin
I'd suggest turning it on in Blender, or the equivalent in anim8tor. This is how Omsi will read the model, so it shows you in advance, in any faces are the wrong way around. I have beenjoyed working on he Gemini for quite some time and didn't have it checked and it is now needing massive remodelling to get the faces in the right place, and the right way around :)

Okay, s'ppose I got what you mean. But as I can see, there aren't any wrong faces on my RM. All faces that you see in the background are front faces of window frames and similar things. I think there's all right, isn't it?

Cheers, Matthias

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Okay, s'ppose I got what you mean. But as I can see, there aren't any wrong faces on my RM. All faces that you see in the background are front faces of window frames and similar things. I think there's all right, isn't it?

Cheers, Matthias
Nothing really wrong. Just some of your window frames are visible both sides and some aren't. A bit of advice mainly :P

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread