What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Kicking off modelling on the side of the body, I added some side skirt bits to the Omnidekka. It took me about an hour to figure out how to get it to go over the wheel arches, but I learned how to use Knife Project in the process. Oh and some of the rubber strips near the windows stick out now.

Is there a reason why OMSI hates smooth shading so much?
In Blender it looks kinda nice (ish).
smoothshade.png

But OMSI would rather try and break everything. By my reckoning the OMSI-X-Converter tool can't tell how much smooth shading to apply, so does as much as it possibly can and turns some softened edges into this bizarrely shaded origami.
smoothshading.png

Also I wish I'd not gone and left Blender without touching it for two months as now I've got to re-learn all the stuff I forgot in that time.

Jun 24, 2017
Kicking off modelling on the side of the body, I added some side skirt bits to the Omnidekka. It took me about an hour to figure out how to get it to go over the wheel arches, but I learned how to use Knife Project in the process. Oh and some of the rubber strips near the windows stick out now.

View attachment 54876
But OMSI would rather try and break everything. By my reckoning the OMSI-X-Converter tool can't tell how much smooth shading to apply, so does as much as it possibly can and turns some softened edges into this bizarrely shaded origami.
View attachment 54877
Also I wish I'd not gone and left Blender without touching it for two months as now I've got to re-learn all the stuff I forgot in that time.

Might be useful to have a play with the 'Subdivision Surface' modifier on certain areas of the mesh, instead of 'Smooth Shading'.

Maybe @FirstEnviro could drop a few tips if they want to? As the front upper deck curvature looks similar to the one on the E400 MMC

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com

View attachment 54876
View attachment 54877
I'm liking this! Keep up the great work mate.

Advertisement

Jem

heartfelt♥️reveluv
Masterswitch Studios
Feb 18, 2018
London, United Kingdom

View attachment 54876
View attachment 54877
Using the Edge Split and Triangulate modifiers will ensure that the model, once exported, keeps where you've marked sharp and renders the mesh correctly.

blender_2019-11-03_18-33-09.png

When using Edge Split, ensuire that you set the angle by typing 180d to tell blender that your edge-splitted mesh should only be edge-split on where you set it to be sharp. Also, set the mesh to be "auto-smoothed" at 180d

blender_2019-11-03_18-32-59.png

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
For the past couple months I've been working on a map called Project Merseyside based in my home city of Liverpool - hence the name. I've learnt how to create custom junctions (thank you @Rhys stirling) and retexture buildings (thank you @FLHD), you can see a temporary one in the background. These couple of screenshots don't show off the map, only my most recent workings. I haven't made enough progress to give the map its own thread on the forum so I decided I'd post it here instead. I'm always open to constructive criticism but please do bare in mind that the map is heavily work in progress.
Screenshot_622.png
Screenshot_621.png

Reactions: Matfiej

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
For the past couple months I've been working on a map called Project Merseyside based in my home city of Liverpool - hence the name. I've learnt how to create custom junctions (thank you @Rhys stirling) and retexture buildings (thank you @FLHD), you can see a temporary one in the background. These couple of screenshots don't show off the map, only my most recent workings. I haven't made enough progress to give the map its own thread on the forum so I decided I'd post it here instead. I'm always open to constructive criticism but please do bare in mind that the map is heavily work in progress.View attachment 55063View attachment 55062
Looks like you have made an excellent start, one thing is, the tactile paving is too long, only needs to be where the drop kerb is

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
Looks like you have made an excellent start, one thing is, the tactile paving is too long, only needs to be where the drop kerb is
Thanks Rhys, I've took measurement on Google Maps and that seems to be the exact length and they are quite long IRL but on my next test of the map I'll take a look at it. Thanks :)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread