What is the exact process how you make a bus for OMSI 2 and also when creating maps does it cover an entire region or country? (2 Viewers)

I ask this because there is a vehicle that I just wish was in OMSI 2 and I think you guys would really appreciate how good this bus actually is. This bus is used as public transport vehicle Jamaica the company name JUTC. How do you guys create vehicles for OMSI 2, what softwares do you use? what is the process like? I want to learn:) also how what is the process of creating a map for OMSI what tools or software do you use other than OMSI editor. What do you need to take into consideration like the sound packs etc. pls explain in detail.

By the way I do appreciate your help and your time thanks:D

here is what the vehicle looks like three different buses
and the half way tree bus center (I would like this as scenery object as it is the main bus depot)

Attachments

• jutcyallahs.jpg
    jutcyallahs.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 17
  • services_bus2.jpg
    services_bus2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 19
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 14
  • LJU-sas.jpg
    LJU-sas.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Solution
Calm down, it's a forum, not an instant messaging service. Things happen more slowly here.

At the moment your questions are far too broad - modelling a bus is a huuuuuge topic. There's no exact guide on how to make the specific bus you want because if there was, the person making the guide would have had to make the entire bus in the process... every area of making a bus for OMSI requires a good depth of knowledge of the subject, a lot of perseverance and a hearty dose of initiative where what tutorials do exist run out. Basically you have to become a 3D modeller, sound technician, programmer, researcher and negotiator all in one.

Start out small by just learning the ropes of your preferred 3D modeling program (hint: You might...

Advertisement

Your best bet is using either Blender or Sketchup, this is what the majority of us use.

Yes, but how do I get things such as the sounds (engine, horn, brakes and other sound effects, lighting, cfg files, bus model etc what files do I need to take into consideration when creating the bus and how do I get a reference for the bus can I use blueprints or actual pictures? and also for the map what can I use as reference? Please Help me.

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Yes, but how do I get things such as the sounds (engine, horn, brakes and other sound effects, lighting, cfg files, bus model etc what files do I need to take into consideration when creating the bus and how do I get a reference for the bus can I use blueprints or actual pictures? and also for the map what can I use as reference? Please Help me.
For the sounds, you would have to probably record them from the real life bus. You could use blueprints and pictures to make your model as realistic as possible! Hope this helps.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Is anyone willing to help me?:(
Calm down, it's a forum, not an instant messaging service. Things happen more slowly here.

At the moment your questions are far too broad - modelling a bus is a huuuuuge topic. There's no exact guide on how to make the specific bus you want because if there was, the person making the guide would have had to make the entire bus in the process... every area of making a bus for OMSI requires a good depth of knowledge of the subject, a lot of perseverance and a hearty dose of initiative where what tutorials do exist run out. Basically you have to become a 3D modeller, sound technician, programmer, researcher and negotiator all in one.

Start out small by just learning the ropes of your preferred 3D modeling program (hint: You might think it's Sketchup but it really isn't). Watch tutorials, experiment and learn your way around. Make a few simple objects and learn how to export them to OMSI. I made a simple building tutorial in Blender a while back, covering modelling, texturing and exporting - it's on youtube, go try to find it. If you can't find that by yourself you're going to really struggle to find any other assistance you mid need. That might seem harsh but seriously - using your own initiative is going to be vitally important.

As to maps, they can be whatever size you like. OMSI maps are based on a series of square "tiles", and you can add as many or as few as you want.

Best of luck

Reactions: TheFireLauncher4

Start out small by just learning the ropes of your preferred 3D modeling program (hint: You might think it's Sketchup but it really isn't). Watch tutorials, experiment and learn your way around. Make a few simple objects and learn how to export them to OMSI. I made a simple building tutorial in Blender a while back, covering modelling, texturing and exporting - it's on youtube, go try to find it. If you can't find that by yourself you're going to really struggle to find any other assistance you mid need. That might seem harsh but seriously - using your own initiative is going to be vitally important.

As to maps, they can be whatever size you like. OMSI maps are based on a series of square "tiles", and you can add as many or as few as you want.

Best of luck
thank you so much by the way I liked your response :D this was very informative and useful

Solution

Advertisement

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread