What features do you expect / want in a Payware bus? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
Hi everyone,

As you may know, the Gemini 3 Pack and Streetlite pack are going on steam as payware, with the standard Streetdeck (10.5m) being a free "taster" addon (possibly a streetlite too). We want some feedback to make sure you're getting enough, or more than your moneys worth. The pack is due to be about £15 (not yet confirmed though) with a discount if you buy both at the same time.

Now, onto the title of this thread, what features do you expect or want from a payware bus? Like I said, we want the packs to be more than your moneys worth. Leave your wishes and requests below!

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Hi everyone,

As you may know, the Gemini 3 Pack and Streetlite pack are going on steam as payware, with the standard Streetdeck (10.5m) being a free "taster" addon (possibly a streetlite too). We want some feedback to make sure you're getting enough, or more than your moneys worth. The pack is due to be about £15 (not yet confirmed though) with a discount if you buy both at the same time.

Now, onto the title of this thread, what features do you expect or want from a payware bus? Like I said, we want the packs to be more than your moneys worth. Leave your wishes and requests below!
Hi! :D
I'd say these:

• Openable cab door
• Working windows
• Working wipers
• Reasonably accurate sounds
• Variable wiper speeds (if the bus has it IRL)
• Heating
• Cab and passenger lighting
• Maybe some extra little features (e.g. openable engine hatch and fuel cap, etc.)
• Working speed, fuel and RPM gauges
• London and Regional spec (please! :) )
• Bendy spec (even if it's fictional I'd find it amazing)
• Parking lights (alongside headlights and high beams, if the bus has it IRL)
• Working lights
• Openable destie lid (from the inside)

Hope this helps! :)

BTW: Keep in mind that that's only my opinion. ;)

Advertisement

BlueOrange

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
• Openable cab door
• Working windows
• Working wipers
• Reasonably accurate sounds
• Variable wiper speeds (if the bus has it IRL)
• Heating
• Cab and passenger lighting
• Working speed, fuel and RPM gauges
• Parking lights (alongside headlights and high beams, if the bus has it IRL)
• Working lights
I'd say all of these should be in freeware projects, let alone payware. These are pretty much the bare essentials for a good quality bus mod. The other stuff, like bendy spec, will likely not happen, because its fictional. London and regional spec are planned for the streetlite, unsure about the streetdeck atm

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
If the real bus has one, I like having a working air pressure gauge to see how long I have to wait before I can release the brakes when starting up.

Randomised faults are also a fun addition, the default buses have it but I never see it and the Citaro always breaks down! But just things like leaky air pipes, destination displays showing gibberish or only having one headlight working would be an interesting experience.

BlueOrange

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
If the real bus has one, I like having a working air pressure gauge to see how long I have to wait before I can release the brakes when starting up.

Randomised faults are also a fun addition, the default buses have it but I never see it and the Citaro always breaks down! But just things like leaky air pipes, destination displays showing gibberish or only having one headlight working would be an interesting experience.
Faults depending on the maintainence setting, alright. I'll have a look around, thinking about implementing the DPF regen which limits the throttle to something like 50% or something like that, as well as other things

Reactions: RS1995 and OmniWink

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Most of mine have been covered already in your payware packs, but it is nice whenever you stumble upon a faulty indicator and it flashes way to quickly for a normal indicator! (So, some unusual faults) it is also nice for those amateur repainters to have a detailed repaint template that also shows what each part of the template is assigned to (Like it is on the C400). However, last time I checked with Josh, the Streetlite templates were only being given to people who asked him and he knew were repainters. This was a while ago, so things might have changed.
It is also nice to have some chatter in the background inside of the bus when you have passengers on, however it should not be loud enough for you to not be able to hear the engine!
I hope this has helped (in some way). I wish you guys all the best when it comes to release, the Masterswitch Studios Buses are looking absolutely amazing and I can say (and probably for a lot of others in this community), that I will DEFINITELY be buying your packs when the release date comes.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I'd say all of these should be in freeware projects, let alone payware. These are pretty much the bare essentials for a good quality bus mod. The other stuff, like bendy spec, will likely not happen, because its fictional. London and regional spec are planned for the streetlite, unsure about the streetdeck atm
Ah, I see. Thanks for the answer!

That's some good ideas! :D

Most of mine have been covered already in your payware packs, but it is nice whenever you stumble upon a faulty indicator and it flashes way to quickly for a normal indicator! (So, some unusual faults) it is also nice for those amateur repainters to have a detailed repaint template that also shows what each part of the template is assigned to (Like it is on the C400). However, last time I checked with Josh, the Streetlite templates were only being given to people who asked him and he knew were repainters. This was a while ago, so things might have changed.
It is also nice to have some chatter in the background inside of the bus when you have passengers on, however it should not be loud enough for you to not be able to hear the engine!
I hope this has helped (in some way). I wish you guys all the best when it comes to release, the Masterswitch Studios Buses are looking absolutely amazing and I can say (and probably for a lot of others in this community), that I will DEFINITELY be buying your packs when the release date comes.
Ooh, very nice!
Chatter... wouldn't even have thought of that myself!
Great ideas though!

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
Hi everyone,

If possible, a large majority of the cab buttons have a function.
And a think a large selection of both fictional and non-fiction repaints would be nice.
8A844E5B-06BD-4B3A-9130-9073417E0004.jpeg

A non-fiction livery, B&H BH4 (7)
9069C9D5-0BF0-455D-991A-F396124F38AD.jpeg

Fictional livery, MetroBus YT

Advertisement

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Hi everyone,

I would say Failures as the main feature. That would be stunning. Also crash effects may be nice so when you hit the bus marks appear on it. Also maybe healthy and unhealthy sounds!

BlueOrange

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
I would say Failures as the main feature. That would be stunning. Also crash effects may be nice so when you hit the bus marks appear on it. Also maybe healthy and unhealthy sounds!
Ooh! Yes, that would be lovely! That would be one of the only buses to have this feature alongside the SOR.

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I can think of the following:

1. various wheel styles
2. easy repaint templates
3. London and Provincial Spec
4. Public testing before purchase
5. realistic destination displays
1. Yes there will be.
2. Yes.
3. Different specs, yes.
4. There's a free version, as said.
5. Kreuger.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I consider the features that the default buses had in OMSI 1 to be the baseline for any bus to be regarded as "finished" (working dashboard, working wipers, working lighting, working heating).

For a payware release I'd simply expect the modelling, texturing, scripting and sounds to be of a high quality - a payware product means the costs of acquiring more detailed reference material, hiring vehicles to record better sounds, etc. can be recouped.

Additional features and gimmicks are nice to have but not required. You can go mad with detailing all the computer systems, making everything interactable and so on, but they're just things for people to play with a few times, rather than being a feature of regular drives.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread