What do u want in the next version of Flaxton? (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone I hope I've posted this in the right section of the forums.

i was wondering what people want in FLX3. Wether it's a motorway, sightseeing route, more detail (which will happen) or just more roads to drive 

Also I would love to know how you merge maps for example iomex is merging cotterrell and BOTW 2. I'm thinking o merging FLX V1,2,3 all together and also giving v1 a 'Facelift' to make it more detailed, or do I have to make the map again on FLX V3 by copying the look of it and building the map again.

let me know what u think 

thanks 

Last edited:

Advertisement

A sightseeing route

ok, i will try that, i originally did that in flaxton 2 but the files corrupt and timetable refused to work it came up with errors in german again so i will try to re do that. also do know if people are allowed to use cotterrell buildings? because i think there needs to be a wider range of uk buildings.

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
ok, i will try that, i originally did that in flaxton 2 but the files corrupt and timetable refused to work it came up with errors in german again so i will try to re do that. also do know if people are allowed to use cotterrell buildings? because i think there needs to be a wider range of uk buildings.

I believe you can use cotterell buildings as long as you give credit to authors

Yeah you can do really nice map though. Is it optimized?

yes but i dont know how to optimize further like iomex does ive used corner peices low poly and also the raillings are road hog 3 quarters less polygons in his raillings i dont relly know how much else i can except paint the road

also do u know how to merge maps like iomex is with botw2 and cotterell? or do i have to do the map again as a 'replica' of the fist map to merge it in?

is there a tool?

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
thats fine i gave credit to them in description and  required map downloads for objects, i didnt use cottrerell buildings here but in v3 i think it make it look more modern

If you ever come across something like this again:

If you use the building in the map, it doesn't have to be in your download file. If you used it and told people to download Cottrell then you wouldn't be uploading it.

To merge maps, you have to use the map file of one, copy and paste the contents into the other. Then you would have to adjust the tile numbers to fit together properly. It is almost impossible to directly connect 2 maps, what @iomex is doing (I think) is merging the 2 maps with a gap. The gap would then be connected after merging.

yes but i dont know how to optimize further like iomex does ive used corner peices low poly and also the raillings are road hog 3 quarters less polygons in his raillings i dont relly know how much else i can except paint the road

also do u know how to merge maps like iomex is with botw2 and cotterell? or do i have to do the map again as a 'replica' of the fist map to merge it in?

is there a tool?

For optimising:

Use curved splines sparingly,

Use low-poly objects,

Don't add too much AI and I think you should be fine!

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

If you ever come across something like this again:

If you use the building in the map, it doesn't have to be in your download file. If you used it and told people to download Cottrell then you wouldn't be uploading it.

To merge maps, you have to use the map file of one, copy and paste the contents into the other. Then you would have to adjust the tile numbers to fit together properly. It is almost impossible to directly connect 2 maps, what @iomex is doing (I think) is merging the 2 maps with a gap. The gap would then be connected after merging.

ah ok thanks so do i adjust tile numbers in the document file? also so if i have a cotterell building in the download and tell people to download it, its better to say u need this map for the object and not include it in download right?

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
ah ok thanks so do i adjust tile numbers in the document file? also so if i have a cotterell building in the download and tell people to download it, its better to say u need this map for the object and not include it in download right?

1st question: It is very difficult as you have to keep the moving tiles in the same order and shape, but yes that is essentially it. You probably want to raise this with @iomex and ask him for information.

2nd Question: Basically, when Omsi starts the game as long as the objects are in the same place as you have them (i.e. The original location). It doesn't matter if they don't download it with the map, so yes. Use the objects and then include a download link if you are unsure.

Please don't take this to mean include every object as an external download, people don't like this. Only do it if you are unsure, read the copyright and/or readme for this information.

1st question: It is very difficult as you have to keep the moving tiles in the same order and shape, but yes that is essentially it. You probably want to raise this with @iomex and ask him for information.

2nd Question: Basically, when Omsi starts the game as long as the objects are in the same place as you have them (i.e. The original location). It doesn't matter if they don't download it with the map, so yes. Use the objects and then include a download link if you are unsure.

Please don't take this to mean include every object as an external download, people don't like this. Only do it if you are unsure, read the copyright and/or readme for this information.

ok thanks