What are some tips and tricks when driving a manual gearbox bus?

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.
Mar 19, 2017
I just want to know some tips that might be useful for driving manual buses in OMSI. I've driven a few but I'm not perfect and some of my favourite buses are manual like Mercedes Benz 0307, Setra and Liaz. I'm using a wheel.

simulatorguy101

Custom Content Creator
Apr 5, 2016
The first most important thing is does your set up have a clutch pedal (Logitech G25, 27, 29 etc. have Clutches). Second how much do you know about manual driving. Clutches very much control the power from the engine to the wheels (in a basic sort of sense) so it's important you understand bite points and how to integrate the clutch release with the accelerator application. Deciding when to change up in gear (dependent on terrain and speed limit of the road) is another factor (Always aim for the green zone o

Reactions: TheFireLauncher4
Mar 19, 2017
The first most important thing is does your set up have a clutch pedal (Logitech G25, 27, 29 etc. have Clutches). Second how much do you know about manual driving. Clutches very much control the power from the engine to the wheels (in a basic sort of sense) so it's important you understand bite points and how to integrate the clutch release with the accelerator application. Deciding when to change up in gear (dependent on terrain and speed limit of the road) is another factor (Always aim for the green zone o
I'm using my G27

Mar 19, 2017
For manual driving I just know that after starting up the bus and after you release the parking and bus stop brake I release the clutch slowing until the bus starts to move forward. Then I have to hold down then clutch each time I gear up and then release it. And I don't know anything about shifting down. But yea that's all I know. To be Honest.:wink:
And I don't know how to put it in neutral or reverse.