Maps Westcombe Down (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to my latest mapping project, Westcombe Down. Although I have taken some time off the editor, to focus on the B7TL, as that nears releasing stage, I though maybe it was time to have a little dabble back in the editor. Hence, it got me hooked and I have decided this is something I would like to finish :)

I want to hang off the details for now, as I have a history of changing my plans, but I will express some key details:

• The map will currently feature two routes, with the addition of another two, near after. The two routes in the initial release will be suburban, housing routes operated by Stagecoach branded 'The Link'. Numbered 16 & 17, they run from a housing area, into a small town named Westcombe. They follow a fairly complex route, making it all the more challenging for drivers.
  • The map is themed around the South Downs, however set in Kent, and although follows a largely Kentish and Sussex theme, may contain various layouts which are more commonplace elsewhere in the UK.

PROGRESS:
Screenshot 01.jpg
Screenshot 02.jpg
Screenshot 03.jpg
Screenshot 04.jpg

Screenshot 05.jpg

Screenshot 06.jpg

Screenshot 07.jpg

Screenshot 08.jpg

A few things I'd like to kindly ask of people reading, and wanting to comment on this thread:
  • Criticism is not a problem, however please keep it in a relatively kind nature.
  • Asking for bayta (beta) copies is a real problem. The point of a beta is for testing purposes and not just as an early copy of it, and I am fairly sure who I want as testers :)
  • Asking for release dates is generally frowned upon, so save yourself the trouble of being moaned at and don't ask.
  • Pestering with questions that are needless, or plain stupid are not advised.
Hope you enjoy my creations ;)

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Looks nice so far, the branded bus stops really make it stick out!! In the 4th Screenshot, Is that the new 'The Link' Livery on the C400R?
I have not yet done 'The Link' livery for it yet, plus this livery will actually be on the SoloSR :)

Always raise the parked cars by 0.1m or 0.11m if they are on the road or by 0.25 if they are level with the pavement.
Yeah, I know. I just forgot to do it on that one row of cars. That's what bayter's are for :P

Advertisement

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Because the only paths in that picture are on the pelican crossing prefab. Once they reach the edge of the object, there's no path, so they turn back. And every x seconds, a new ped is spawned at the edge of the path. This continues, filling the limited paths with pedestrians.

D

Deleted member 422

Yeah, I haven't got round to placing ped splines yet, as I'm not sure whether tor have the roadside or next to the shops.

However I believe they work the same way as traffic does? SI if you assigned the traffic density high to the paths thereally should be more people.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread