Weather sync in MultiPlayer ! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Hi all!
TruckersMP posted something on Facebook about the weather in the MultiPlayer (Here).
They decided to do a strawpoll on "What type of weather would you like to see in game?".
Indeed, Kat_pw said on FB "If we were to add weather sync into the game, would you like to see it mirror real life (example, if it's raining in paris in real life, it would rain in paris in game) or should we simulate our own weather patterns unique to the game".
So you can answer "Own custom simulation of weather systems" or "Same weather as real life (real-time)".

I think it would be awesome if the weather was the same as real life. Imagine it's raining where you live in real life. You run ETS2MP/ATSMP, you spawn in your city, and it's raining ! You take a job and you drive to another place. You could know in which city it's raining, etc. !
Or even further : You have a friend which lives in another country. You go in the city he lives (in the game), and you can know what weather it is where your friend is in real life (Or you can open a Weather App on you phone ;)).

---> VOTE HERE <---

What do you think, and which answer did you checked ?

edcfdf0085e9451aafea6695b2434a0d.png

PS: - We will probably have to wait some months before it comes out : They did not started on any programming yet.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Hi all!
TruckersMP posted something on Facebook about the weather in the MultiPlayer (Here).
They decided to do a strawpoll on "What type of weather would you like to see in game?".
Indeed, Kat_pw said on FB "If we were to add weather sync into the game, would you like to see it mirror real life (example, if it's raining in paris in real life, it would rain in paris in game) or should we simulate our own weather patterns unique to the game".
So you can answer "Own custom simulation of weather systems" or "Same weather as real life (real-time)".

I think it would be awesome if the weather was the same as real life. Imagine it's raining where you live in real life. You run ETS2MP/ATSMP, you spawn in your city, and it's raining ! You take a job and you drive to another place. You could know in which city it's raining, etc. !
Or even further : You have a friend which lives in another country. You go in the city he lives (in the game), and you can know what weather it is where your friend is in real life (Or you can open a Weather App on you phone ;)).

---> VOTE HERE <---

What do you think, and which answer did you checked ?

edcfdf0085e9451aafea6695b2434a0d.png

PS: - We will probably have to wait some months before it comes out : They did not started on any programming yet.
This is awesome! Been hoping for real weather etc for ages, just hoping that they make it available somehow without running multiplayer at the same time!

Am I the only person that really wishes SCS would do a 1:1 scale map with real time and weather, kind of like flightsim? I think that would be really good for people who enjoy as much realism as possible :P

Advertisement

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Am I the only person that really wishes SCS would do a 1:1 scale map with real time and weather, kind of like flightsim? I think that would be really good for people who enjoy as much realism as possible :p
Well, I don't think you're the only one, but SCS would have huge, HUGE work to do ! ^^
It will take "several months" to change ATS to 1:20, so doing everything as real would take several years ! xD

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
1:1 would be badass. They could model the whole thing, but I imagine it'd be cheaper to go and laser scan the whole of Europe like Google Maps does, but rather than taking photographs, actually scanning the environments like racing games do with racetracks.

Imagine the budget needed for that kind of work though! :P

On-topic, real weather would be cool, but what if it's peeing down IRL and you want to get away from it? You can't! :P

Reactions: David.Ikaël

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
I'd like snow, I don't know if there's a mod for that already? I'm a total newbie to mods, I haven't got any LOL. Well, unless you count MP.
You can have the Winter mod on MP from December (TruckersMP's team make it available during several months). ;)
As for Single Player, you already can use the "Frosty Winter Mod" (it has been updated today !) : https://ets2.lt/en/frosty-winter-weather-mod-v-6-7/

Reactions: di9girl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread