VTC Awards - Idea (1 Viewer)

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
Evening all,

I've had an idea and I need you guys to tell me if it's utter crap or if it's good.

I was thinking of hosting an awards type event that would be run once a month. Members of Trucksim.org would post who they think is the best VTC and the top five companies who receive the most posts will be put in to a voting poll for a final decider in which one VTC will be picked.

The winner will headline on our homepage with a banner. The VTC can then boast that they are "The Number 1 VTC for January 2015" or something like that.

What do you guys think?

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Evening all,

I've had an idea and I need you guys to tell me if it's utter crap or if it's good.

I was thinking of hosting an awards type event that would be run once a month. Members of Trucksim.org would post who they think is the best VTC and the top five companies who receive the most posts will be put in to a voting poll for a final decider in which one VTC will be picked.

The winner will headline on our homepage with a banner. The VTC can then boast that they are "The Number 1 VTC for January 2015" or something like that.

What do you guys think?

*cough* swift *cough*

Maybe just do like a monthly featured VTC or something? There's enough competition between VTC's as it is at the moment :P

Reactions: KGB

Advertisement

A few years ago, i've played a web browser based VTC sim game. No driving, no graphics but in idea i think, it was very good. There were truck companies, drivers. There were many delivery contracts with different earning ratings and the companies raced to get the most profattible contracts. And than start to complete the contracts to not get a uncompled contract panalty. The rankings will be made by VTC's earnings and completed contracts. So all the VTC's can not say we are the best :)

If anyway, something like this can be created in ets 2- mp, i think the game can become more enjoyable and more challenging.

ps: sorry for my English. Its not perfect :)

A few years ago, i've played a web browser based VTC sim game. No driving, no graphics but in idea i think, it was very good. There were truck companies, drivers. There were many delivery contracts with different earning ratings and the companies raced to get the most profattible contracts. And than start to complete the contracts to not get a uncompled contract panalty. The rankings will be made by VTC's earnings and completed contracts. So all the VTC's can not say we are the best :)

If anyway, something like this can be created in ets 2- mp, i think the game can become more enjoyable and more challenging.

ps: sorry for my English. Its not perfect :)

There is some kind of company implementation planned for ETS2MP. We'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: mahtanw

Advertisement

KGB

Media Manager
Jan 13, 2014
As a community staff member, I and also Max would need to be impartial in a VTC award anyway so what I say won't matter.
We will not tell drivers they are restricted from supporting the company in community forums.

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Is Electric Logistics the only company that doesn't give a flying monkey's about competition? Although the idea is a good one and I think it would be quite fun to see what the community thinks about certain companies and their representative drivers/leaders however, fangirls will be fangirls and voting might not be fair overall. Especially when ST for example has some crazy amount of drivers.

Reactions: KGB

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Sorry to point this out but the forum is full of swift fanboys so there is little chance other VTCs would win.

I don't think "Fanboys" is really the word you're looking for here. We're proud of the company we drive for, and I can't see the problem with that. I'm sure you would hope that any of your drivers feel the same way about Stobart.

If for what ever reason you have an issue with the support Swift is getting here feel free to drop me a message and we can deal with it privately, there's no need for it to appear on the public board. TruckSim.org is a community forum, so people are welcome to show support for what ever group they like without being put down for it. Any voting for this award would have to be done impartially, it would be ridiculous not too do it in this way.

Thank you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread