Volvo's at it again! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Using a 2400hp truck nicknamed "The Iron Knight" Volvo are attempting to beat a world record! Video attached ;)

volvo-iron-knight_827x510_71471515970.jpg

Advertisement

What is the point of this? So what if you have the world's fastest truck.

Can it pull 80k at 70mph and not go to the shop once a week? These are the things truckers look for, not whether your trucks can go 150-200mph. Leave that to the cars.

Trucks should be looked at for power and torque not speed.

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com

Can it pull 80k at 70mph and not go to the shop once a week? These are the things truckers look for, not whether your trucks can go 150-200mph. Leave that to the cars.

Hey, it's Volvo Trucks ! They like to do some strange/crazy things :p

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk

Your daily truck can probably do 100mph but you're never allowed to hit that because of the restriction. If they're not going to make it to 100mph why allow them to have that capability? Simple. Because they can, because some people may want to and because why not? Not everything in the world has to abide by sensibility. People race lawn mowers for god's sake! Lighten up! :P

Advertisement

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Hi all !
So you may have heard about the Iron Knight Volvo. (@Max created a thread about it here)

Today, the video came out. We can officially say that the Iron Knight is the world's fastest truck.
The truck reached a top speed of 276km/h. Here is the video :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014

My thoughts exactly. I actually start to dislike Volvo because of these kind of bulls*** commercials. They're doing the same thing as Scania did 10-15 years ago... They're creating ''hype'' around their brand. This ''hype'' attracts a lot of customer who are so blind that they don't realize that the product is s***. Everytime I see the word ''Super'' on a Scania it makes me cringe...

I saw a DAF truck with the word ''Besser'' (better in English) written on it a while back in Germany, now whoever that guy was, he has a good sense of humor!

And yeah, I can already see the comments ''fanboy, blah blah blah Scania and Volvo are great, DAF isn't, blah blah blah...''
Fact is that I don't care which truck is better than the other, I care about their purchase/running costs and driver comfort. I couldn't care less if brand X has a 750 HP engine and brand Y only 680 HP, it's all useless anyway. If you buy a 750 HP Volvo FH, frankly you are a collosal imbecil (heavy haulage companies are exeptions of course).

I'm not saying Volvo makes bad trucks though, quite the opposite, I think they're one of the best out there... But these commercials... I can still picture Jan-Claude van Dam doing a split between two Volvo trucks... What's the message there? Do Volvo trucks have sturdy wing mirrors?

Rant over hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread