Buses Volvo Olympian 10.4m (1 Viewer)

Jan 20, 2016

Advertisement

Advertisement

Well, then passengers will not board. Not In Service destinations, generally have an {ALLEX} tag in the .hof file, meaning passengers will get off and not board the bus. This happens on every bus. Try using the '92' box on the little menu (bottom right corner) and change it to the correct destination.
No, that's the thing. Everything has been set up correctly, the bus even display the number 35 which is the route, but the red text on the top left screen says the Bus is not in service.

Advertisement

F8, Page UP & Page Down, control the destination display. Kinda is essential if you want passengers to know where they are going ;) Although, no one thought to put it anywhere in the documentation.
You're honestly starting to get on my nerves.. I don't know if you haven't been paying attention or not, but what I've been doing is setting it up using the Menu (92E) And yet although everything is displayed correctly, using Shift + Y results in showing that the Target or whatever is set as "Not in Service" Even though it isn't.

SamNeedham123

Founder of The Truck Stop
May 19, 2016
Louth, England
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
You're honestly starting to get on my nerves.. I don't know if you haven't been paying attention or not, but what I've been doing is setting it up using the Menu (92E) And yet although everything is displayed correctly, using Shift + Y results in showing that the Target or whatever is set as "Not in Service" Even though it isn't.

With this model, even if you set the destinations in the game, you must also do it manually using these controls. Don't know why, that's just the way it is with this thing, though!

Kieron has just given you a useful piece of advice, and regardless of whether it works or not, you should be grateful that he tried. I don't think 'You're honestly starting to get on my nerves' is completely necessary. @Rhys @whistlehead I'll leave you two to deal with this appropriately-and do forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

D

Deleted member 422

I made a remark saying, that it never got put anywhere in the description that I can remember, about using the PageUp & PageDown keys to alter the destination.

The problem is, is that the scripting of the bus, uses the Ibis scripts to complete the number matrix, but had no attached strings to the rollblind box. Therefore, using the keyboard commands, or ALT-92 box, do not edit the rollblind box, despite that controlling the destination. This results in a loophole, in the scripting and so.....the PageUp & PageDown keys are the only way to control the destination. If you hit CRTL-Y and watch the Target whilst holding down PageUp, you will see the target changing accordingly. Hence, when you use the ALT-92 box, it does nothing to the destination, and only adds a number to the matrix.

I would also like to add, that responses like that, to people who are trying to help, will not get you very far. This will not make people want to try and help you and can also be taken offensively. Others may find you rude and disrespectful to people who are trying to solve your problems for you. Please remember, no one has to help you, and when someone responds like this, people will get a habit of ignoring you.

The last I will say in this matter,
People are only trying to help.

Kieron :cool:

Advertisement

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread