Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
tumblr_mswmbmQOfM1s8gws3o1_500.gif

...is one word.

Jul 31, 2014
With every single one of these ads I start to dislike Volvo... ''Oh look at us, Jean-Paul van Dame can do a split between two of our trucks, oh look a ballerina walks across a line between our trucks, oh look our trucks can drive on two wheels.''
So bleeping what? Well, you just showed us all that your marketing budget is way too damn high, that's it, nothing else.
I guess Volvo trucks PR guys are former Ubisoft PC guys or something. They create hype, but what is the point in that? People don't buy trucks for fun, they buy them for actual work... Show me what it can haul, it's durability, how it performs in a crash, how it's fuel efficient and environment-friendly, anything other than showing how 'awesome'
-is probably what people would call it on Bookupyour*ss or Tw*tter-
your trucks are by letting Jean-Paul van Dame do a split on two of you trucks.

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
With every single one of these ads I start to dislike Volvo... ''Oh look at us, Jean-Paul van Dame can do a split between two of our trucks, oh look a ballerina walks across a line between our trucks, oh look our trucks can drive on two wheels.''
So bleeping what? Well, you just showed us all that your marketing budget is way too damn high, that's it, nothing else.
I guess Volvo trucks PR guys are former Ubisoft PC guys or something. They create hype, but what is the point in that? People don't buy trucks for fun, they buy them for actual work... Show me what it can haul, it's durability, how it performs in a crash, how it's fuel efficient and environment-friendly, anything other than showing how 'awesome'
I think they like create buzz.
Like that, lot of people watch these videos.
But I think they don't look the brand of the truck : Volvo.
So... maybe it's useless.

PS : I like/love Volvo anyway ! :)

well they definitely perform well in crashes, here in Australia, a Volvo with a B-double (these often weigh 60-70 tonnes) crashed head-on into a Kenworth which was also hauling a B-double, the driver in the Volvo had minor injuries, unfortunately the driver in the KW was killed in the accident. to bad Volvo prefers stupid over the top stunts over things it does very well at in real life situations for its marketing department.

Reactions: David.Ikaël

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread