Volvo B7TL ALX400 Cooling Fan (1 Viewer)

Solution
Open Sound\sound_Volvo_D7C.cfg and find the section under:

############################################# Engine cooling fan #############################################

Scroll down to the engine_temperature volcurves - these are what defines how the fan volume varies with engine temperature. In each [pnt] in this curve, the top values are temperatures and the bottom values are the volume of the fan at that temperature. All you need to do to make it turn on at lower temperatures is to reduce the temperature values in the engine_temperature volcurves. As I don't have time to mess with it right now, I'll leave it up to you to work out the appropriate changes - just remember that the first value of each...

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Hi, how do I activate the cooling fan on v3d's B7TL ALX400 or increase the chance of it activating.

Thanks
Bobby567
have a heavy right foot - thrash the bus for a few minutes and soon enough it'll begin to make vacuum cleaner noises
Seems to only do it when the brakes are lightly applied though - don't know why that just appears to be the way it is.

Advertisement

Feb 21, 2019
Ipswich
Go to the script for the bus and then open Volvo_D7C215_constfile (or D7C 250 whichever you prefer) and scroll to the bottom of the script and it will say engine cooling fan speeds then on the radiator_fan_RPM2 change the numbers a bit but don't change it to above around 1700 or it will just broken. Hope this helped
Thanks for your help! Have a good day. :)

Reactions: leodc77
Go to the script for the bus and then open Volvo_D7C215_constfile (or D7C 250 whichever you prefer) and scroll to the bottom of the script and it will say engine cooling fan speeds then on the radiator_fan_RPM2 change the numbers a bit but don't change it to above around 1700 or it will just broken. Hope this helped

Is there any numbers that will make it stuck on please? Most ALX's have the fan stuck on, the sensor gets covered in gunk and the fan stays on.

Any help appreciated!

Reactions: leodc77 and Mark S

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015

############################################# Engine cooling fan #############################################

Scroll down to the engine_temperature volcurves - these are what defines how the fan volume varies with engine temperature. In each [pnt] in this curve, the top values are temperatures and the bottom values are the volume of the fan at that temperature. All you need to do to make it turn on at lower temperatures is to reduce the temperature values in the engine_temperature volcurves. As I don't have time to mess with it right now, I'll leave it up to you to work out the appropriate changes - just remember that the first value of each [pnt] must increase from one [pnt] to the next - it can't double back on itself.

Make sure to back up the file before you make any changes.

Solution

Advertisement

No there aren’t but if you change the temperature of the engine it will make it come on faster but I don’t have my computer right now so I don’t know what name it is in the script I think it’s something thermostat as long as the temp of the engine is over 90 the fan will be on

Thank you!

Found it, changed to as follows:

[const]
luefterthermostat_opn

[const]
luefterthermostat_cls

[const]
kuehlerthermostat_opn

[const]
kuehlerthermostat_cls

and fan sticks on :), thank you again!

Reactions: leodc77 and Mark S
Where do you find the con

Where do you find the const files?
Go to the script folder for the B7TL and scroll down until you find Volvo_D7C215_constfile (or 250 if you prefer) then scroll down in that to the engine cooling fan speeds and you can change it to whatever you'd like

Reactions: leodc77 and Nxm
Does it help if you set the weather to a higher temperature? I didn't even realise the cooling fan was a thing on the B7TL mod, I must have been driving it too softly. Perhaps time for some thrash!
Well it could do but I just changed the numbers in the constfile too 100 and it comes on after about 5 minutes

Reactions: leodc77

Advertisement

Scroll down to the engine_temperature volcurves - these are what defines how the fan volume varies with engine temperature. In each [pnt] in this curve, the top values are temperatures and the bottom values are the volume of the fan at that temperature. All you need to do to make it turn on at lower temperatures is to reduce the temperature values in the engine_temperature volcurves. As I don't have time to mess with it right now, I'll leave it up to you to work out the appropriate changes - just remember that the first value of each [pnt] must increase from one [pnt] to the next - it can't double back on itself.

Make sure to back up the file before you make any changes.
Hi! I need to rewrite all engine_temperature volcurves, or just the first one is enough? And, what's happening if I just go to the settings in OMSI 2 and I select the Very bad or Bad maintanace. Sometimes this setting is work with the another buses.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread