Volvo 7900H battery (1 Viewer)

Solution
I know I'm very late to this discussion, but I just wanted to say that you can edit the some of the files for the bus to make sure the battery doesn't run out as fast, or even not at all.

If you open Vehicles\HC_Volvo7900H\Script\engine_solo_constfile.txt (for the non-articulated bus) or Vehicles\HC_Volvo7900H\Script\engine_G_constfile.txt (for the articulated version), near the top of the file you will find two entries, hybrid_load_by_recup (charge collected when braking) and hybrid_load_by_eng (charge from just running the engine). I you edit the values below those two entries to be higher than the current value, the battery will recharge faster.

For example, I set the hybrid_load_by_recup to...

Advertisement

Jun 13, 2016
It's recommended to accelerate and brake slowly and gently, as this type of braking helps you recharge the battery, and this type of acceleration helps to moderate battery usage.
ok, thankyou for your help, ill try it out now.
If you run out, go into neutral, rev the bus gently up and down and you should generate some charge. Weird how in London they never seem to die.
Thank you. And yes they never seem to run out of charge in London, maybe they have an everlasting supply of charge lol.

I know I'm very late to this discussion, but I just wanted to say that you can edit the some of the files for the bus to make sure the battery doesn't run out as fast, or even not at all.

If you open Vehicles\HC_Volvo7900H\Script\engine_solo_constfile.txt (for the non-articulated bus) or Vehicles\HC_Volvo7900H\Script\engine_G_constfile.txt (for the articulated version), near the top of the file you will find two entries, hybrid_load_by_recup (charge collected when braking) and hybrid_load_by_eng (charge from just running the engine). I you edit the values below those two entries to be higher than the current value, the battery will recharge faster.

For example, I set the hybrid_load_by_recup to 2, and hybrid_load_by_eng to 3, just to make sure I never run out of charge.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North

For example, I set the hybrid_load_by_recup to 2, and hybrid_load_by_eng to 3, just to make sure I never run out of charge.

Hallelujah, means I can pull the bus out of cold storage and drive it around, this was the sole reason I stopped driving this bus.

Solution
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread