Video diary of an American Long Hauler. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: You can watch it in high def. The camera records in 1080hd.

First some clarifications:
A while back I posted pictures of a new truck I purchased. Well about 1,000 miles into its first drive it suffered a major engine failure. The manufacturer agreed to trade it in for another truck rather than spend several weeks on my rear doing nothing while it is fixed. So I am driving a different truck (though same make and model) than what I posted.

Also my friends company recently went under and I had no inkling of wanting to get back into Heavy Hauling just yet so I contracted with a company called Gordon Trucking and decided to paint my truck in their colors. I liked it.

Bought a Garmin camera, and decided to record my travels. Still trying to figure out how to edit video, so for now you will have to suffer through real time footage.

This is Denver Colorado, I always hate driving through Denver because they have poorly maintained freeways and terrible traffic, no matter the time. Worst than L.A I think because in L.A you can time traffic patterns, in Denver it is unpredictable, as you will see on this video.

Also, during the video you may hear some strange voice speaking, it is just the GPS, I usually know where I am going regardless but I use them to give me a better idea of how much further I have and a general ETA. I also listen to the radio rather loudly at times too, and it is always tuned to Sinatra because I enjoy listening to old time music while barreling 60 mph (about 100 kph) down the interstate. It is calming.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
Still trying to figure out how to edit video, so for now you will have to suffer through real time footage.

I personally like it the way it is actually. I always think it's a bit silly to watch a video that's sped up 500%.
As long as the environment is somewhat interesting I don't mind watching real time footage.

All I can say is, keep it comming!:D

Advertisement

EDIT: You can watch it in high def. The camera records in 1080hd.

First some clarifications:
A while back I posted pictures of a new truck I purchased. Well about 1,000 miles into its first drive it suffered a major engine failure. The manufacturer agreed to trade it in for another truck rather than spend several weeks on my rear doing nothing while it is fixed. So I am driving a different truck (though same make and model) than what I posted.

Also my friends company recently went under and I had no inkling of wanting to get back into Heavy Hauling just yet so I contracted with a company called Gordon Trucking and decided to paint my truck in their colors. I liked it.

Bought a Garmin camera, and decided to record my travels. Still trying to figure out how to edit video, so for now you will have to suffer through real time footage.

This is Denver Colorado, I always hate driving through Denver because they have poorly maintained freeways and terrible traffic, no matter the time. Worst than L.A I think because in L.A you can time traffic patterns, in Denver it is unpredictable, as you will see on this video.

Also, during the video you may hear some strange voice speaking, it is just the GPS, I usually know where I am going regardless but I use them to give me a better idea of how much further I have and a general ETA. I also listen to the radio rather loudly at times too, and it is always tuned to Sinatra because I enjoy listening to old time music while barreling 60 mph (about 100 kph) down the interstate. It is calming.

What truck do you use??

Welcome to the City of Angels. Los Angeles California.

EDIT: I was hoping it would show more of the city, especially the skyscrapers but LA was covered in dense smog (fog + smoke) making it virtually impossible to see much. Someday I might go through during the day for better video.

I also have 3 more clips of me driving through downtown moving onto 3 different freeways in a 4 mile span before exiting and a short 3min clip of city street driving. If you want to see that as well let me know by either liking this post or posting below.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max and Muzz

Advertisement

Vermillion Cliffs, Navajo Nation (Native American Reservation) Arizona. First clip is 4 mins long, 2nd clip is 15 mins long. For some reason Youtube would not let me merge clip 1 with the other clips, thus why there are two videos. *

The Navajo Nation Indian Reservation is the largest in the United States and cover parts of 3 states around the 4 Corners National Park, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico, with the Ute Reservation holding the other corner in Colorado. 4 Corners National Park is where 4 states meet in a corner and you can literally be in 4 different states at the same time, the states are Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.

Within the Navajo Nation are some of the most beautiful western scenery you will ever see, ranging from high mountains to low deserts, crossing 2 major rivers and includes Monument Valley, Hollywood's go to location for Western movies. Simply put, there is no other place like it in the world.

*If second video is not playing, give it a few hours, it might just still be processing and getting updated.

How far north in the US do you go? Just out of interest :p

Since I go into Canada, I go pretty far north, my border crossings tend to be at two locations, Blaine Port of Entry just south of Vancouver, BC, Canada in Washington State. The second location is in the Idaho State Panhandle at Kingsgate/Eastgate Port of Entry.

The only other crossing, which I crossed once, is in North Dakota, just south of Winnipeg.

If you are asking for the farthest northern US delivery I made, then it is a toss up between Bellingham Washington and Green Bay Wisconsin, then maybe Great Falls Montana could be included as well.

I did deliver once to Detroit Michigan, but it is south of Green Bay, I mentioned it because just across the the Lake is Windsor Canada, near Toronto.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread