Using the ETS2 Telemetry Mobile Dashboard!

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Following on from today's post on the SCS blog, I decided to give the Telemetry Web Server & Mobile dashboard thing a go - was a little doubtful of it at first but needless to say I stand corrected.

Was super easy to set up following the instructions the developer provided and the web app was incredibly smooth, I'd initially expected it to be a little jumpy as it fetched the information but was completely wrong! Few photos for you just to prove that it does work :p

View attachment 1662

And working perfectly with Android 5.0.1 via their webapp. I should imagine the actual android app provides just as a good of an experience :)
View attachment 1663

Would definitely recommend giving it a go - Instructions for setting up and the download can be found here :)

Feel free to ask any questions you might have or share your experiences with the telemetry tools available for ETS2 in the replies!

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
Already did that but my Version would just dump the information. I couldn't actually figure out how I would use the information from the collected data and then post it on a web page. Funbit, the author, has done a really great job on this and I can't wait to use this!

Reactions: Max

MartyTheTrucker

Aug 30, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
I'd love to use this, but I just can't find a comfortable spot to place my tablet...

KGB

Media Manager
Jan 13, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Very interesting this telemetry thing. I wonder what other things can be achieved! :)

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Very interesting this telemetry thing. I wonder what other things can be achieved! :)
It seems to be able to collect a huge amount of information, will be interesting to see what people can come up with!

Poptart

Jan 21, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I've only been using this for a little while, but this thing is great! I find that every now and then the tablet's data will freeze and rebuffer, but that's a minor issue to me. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing mobile dashboard things such as a reverse camera, or a GPS. I think it would be really cool if you could have the world map on the tablet and be able to manipulate your advised travel route by 'drawing' your own route on the map with the tablet. Maybe a weather forecast system as well.

John Necir Rebellion

Jun 9, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Following on from today's post on the SCS blog, I decided to give the Telemetry Web Server & Mobile dashboard thing a go - was a little doubtful of it at first but needless to say I stand corrected.

Was super easy to set up following the instructions the developer provided and the web app was incredibly smooth, I'd initially expected it to be a little jumpy as it fetched the information but was completely wrong! Few photos for you just to prove that it does work :p

View attachment 1662

And working perfectly with Android 5.0.1 via their webapp. I should imagine the actual android app provides just as a good of an experience :)
View attachment 1663

Would definitely recommend giving it a go - Instructions for setting up and the download can be found here :)

Feel free to ask any questions you might have or share your experiences with the telemetry tools available for ETS2 in the replies!
That could be a large information related to ATS' Development!

punishergabi

Mar 4, 2015
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I tried it too and it works really good. It's a pitty I don't have a driving wheel so i can enjoy the game at it's maximum ;D