[URGENT] OMSI 2 Map editor error upon trying to save! Please help! (1 Viewer)

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Hi,

I've just worked on my map a bit, and I clicked Save.
It tried to save, but then it gave me this error.

"Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 007A3DE6 in Modul "Omsi.exe". Lesen von Adresse 00000030."

OMSI 2 is still running, because I don't want to lose what I have done.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It appears to be working now! :D
At first I had installed it wrong. Then I noticed it, deleted all the buildings of the wrongly-installed pack (but I missed one), then I installed it correctly, and placed the houses again. But because I missed one, that one object needed the old installation to be there, thus caused issues with the new installation.
What I did was that I just deleted the houses, put LCC Cottage Estate Repaint in Sceneryobjects alongside Stevo Buildings, went in the map, and there stood the house I had previously missed. So I deleted it, saved, exited, deleted "LCC Cottage Estate Repaint" in Sceneryobjects, and now everything seems to be working fine!
Thanks for all the help guys! :)

Your welcome and best of...

Advertisement

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Unfortunately, there's nothing to do about that. You will just have to quit, and remake it. You should do regular 'Ctrl+S' throughout map development, so huge things don't get lost.
im not 100% on what it is but i think its to do with attached objects/splines......i think if you select a new splines a few tiles away, press "N" and go to save it should work but i cant recall 100% if thats the same error i got multiple times.
Ignore me then ????

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Unfortunately, there's nothing to do about that. You will just have to quit, and remake it. You should do regular 'Ctrl+S' throughout map development, so huge things don't get lost.
im not 100% on what it is but i think its to do with attached objects/splines......i think if you select a new splines a few tiles away, press "N" and go to save it should work but i cant recall 100% if thats the same error i got multiple times.
Ignore me then ????

I see... many thanks for your replies. ????
Fortunately it wasn't all that much that got lost. :)
I will save much more regularly from now on.
Thanks again!

Reactions: MylesW

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Yeah this happens sometimes. There are various arcane remedies - creating and deleting a bunch of new splines or objects, clicking your way across to the other side of the map, stripping all your clothes off and howling at the moon, that kind of thing.

The problem is that error can be caused by one of a huge number of unknown factors, so sometimes it's recoverable and sometimes it isn't. The only real solution is to keep saving your work as you go and to back up the map folder from time to time.

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Yeah this happens sometimes. There are various arcane remedies - creating and deleting a bunch of new splines or objects, clicking your way across to the other side of the map, stripping all your clothes off and howling at the moon, that kind of thing.

The problem is that error can be caused by one of a huge number of unknown factors, so sometimes it's recoverable and sometimes it isn't. The only real solution is to keep saving your work as you go and to back up the map folder from time to time.

yeah i agree with @whistlehead i think moving few tiles away and placing a new spline fixes it most times but not every time hence why i place something and save and repeat every 2 seconds lol

I can relate ????

Thanks, I'll take that into account. I'll save after every little thing I do in the Map Editor from now on.
Thanks a lot for the quick replies everyone! :)

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Hello again,

I thought that error was just a one-time thing to happen, but sadly I was wrong.
I've re-done all I did before that went lost, (and saved all the time), I placed a new tile, saved, it worked.
The error only occurs when I terraform the terrain over the seam of the two terrains. Upon exiting without saving, I went back into the map only to find a skybox, with no map whatsoever. Now this isn't all that bad, because I use a program called Parallels to simulate Windows 10, and I can revert to a previous "snapshot" where the map wasn't broken. Still, this error prevents me from working on the map, as this error keeps coming.

Does anyone have a suggestion what I should do?
Many thanks in advance!

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
simply put your placing an item into omsi it does not like or recognize, so one of the sceneryobjects your putting into your map is more than likely not going into the editor properly but is still recognized in the notepad file. so you get the resulting blue sky. i'd recommend being careful of the content your using as i believe anything with symbols or "German symbols" in its name OMSI does not like. The only thing without seeing your logfile i can suggest unfortunately as OMSI can throw up multiple errors for multiple reasons.

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
simply put your placing an item into omsi it does not like or recognize, so one of the sceneryobjects your putting into your map is more than likely not going into the editor properly but is still recognized in the notepad file. so you get the resulting blue sky. i'd recommend being careful of the content your using as i believe anything with symbols or "German symbols" in its name OMSI does not like. The only thing without seeing your logfile i can suggest unfortunately as OMSI can throw up multiple errors for multiple reasons.
Thanks for your answer!
That's weird... I haven't placed any other new objects between where I last saved and where the error happened.
Anyways, gotta go now.
Here's the logfile, hope it helps.
Thanks again!

Attachments

• logfile.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 26

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for your answer!
That's weird... I haven't placed any other new objects between where I last saved and where the error happened.
Anyways, gotta go now.
Here's the logfile, hope it helps.
Thanks again!
It looks like there’s an error loading a texture of an object in. Try redownloading the objects, as there may have been an issue with the download.

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Warning: Invalid Object: Sceneryobjects\LCC Cottage Estate Repaint\vic_terraced_1.sco"
Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\LCC Cottage Estate Repaint\vic_terraced_1.sco!

not saying this IS the issue but cetainly wont be helping as this file has either been tampered with or is corrupt try downloading the StevoLCC pack thing again

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Also i think your issue is that you have incorrectly followed the file path the .sco files use as it should read "OMSI 2\Sceneryobjects\Stevo Buildings\LCC Cottage Estate Repaint\vic_terraced_1.sco" not "Sceneryobjects\LCC Cottage Estate Repaint\vic_terraced_1.sco! " iirc so it might be worth redownloading the Stevo stuff and installing it too follow the above file path correctly.

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
At first I had installed it wrong. Then I noticed it, deleted all the buildings of the wrongly-installed pack (but I missed one), then I installed it correctly, and placed the houses again. But because I missed one, that one object needed the old installation to be there, thus caused issues with the new installation.
What I did was that I just deleted the houses, put LCC Cottage Estate Repaint in Sceneryobjects alongside Stevo Buildings, went in the map, and there stood the house I had previously missed. So I deleted it, saved, exited, deleted "LCC Cottage Estate Repaint" in Sceneryobjects, and now everything seems to be working fine!

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017

Your welcome and best of luck, also be VERY careful what assets you use and try to keep them in the correct file paths as these will need to match the communities folders when downloading the map. One of the biggest mistakes i had to correct was assets from all over the place and its a ballache so be sure to keep the assets simple but effective for your map dont use one spline from one folder, if it exists in another ect...be mindful of what you use in your map and think "will this be easy for the community to download" that sort of thing. ~Create regular back ups i do mine daily or weekly so if it goes wrong i have a point of reference to start again.

Solution
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread