Buses [UKDT] London Citybus 400R (2 Viewers)

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Thanks, I'll try that next time it happens! :)
I've tried it, here's what happened.

I was driving along, when I, again, clipped some parked car.

Of course, the bus accelerated again very quickly, I tried shifting gears rapidly, and I think it did kinda slow it down, but not that much, so it went into a house, and got stuck half-inside of it. I've then placed it outside, on the road, and it seemed to be working fine, yet the RPM gauge was going in full circles all the time.

I drove around with it spinning for about half a minute, when it calmed itself down again.
So yeah, you can get around the problem, but only when you haven't got a schedule, as you can't re-place the bus with one.

@UKDT I really enjoy the C400R bus, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd fix the C400RX, so that this doesn't happen. Thank you. :)

OverlordMawil

Custom Title
Sep 13, 2016
United Kingdom
I'm getting a problem because I've made a repaint for the standard (non express) version but the bus is fully white when I try and use it. I've removed the guide layer when saving and the files are all in png format and I have a cti file that has correct file names. Could anyone please help? Much appreciated :)
Have you put the files in a folder? Then (for example), it would be Name of folder/Name of file.png (Do be advised, the handrails need to be saved in .dds format)

I cannot reproduce this bug. No considerable uncontrollable acceleration. :(
Of note: the engine doesn't actually break, it just stalls with the sudden deceleration/reversing when in gear. It won't restart until you fix it because the electrics are broken, so the starter motor won't run. After you fix the bus, you can restart the engine - but you have to ensure that it's in neutral and the handbrake is applied.
I've tried it, here's what happened.

I was driving along, when I, again, clipped some parked car.

Of course, the bus accelerated again very quickly, I tried shifting gears rapidly, and I think it did kinda slow it down, but not that much, so it went into a house, and got stuck half-inside of it. I've then placed it outside, on the road, and it seemed to be working fine, yet the RPM gauge was going in full circles all the time.

I drove around with it spinning for about half a minute, when it calmed itself down again.
So yeah, you can get around the problem, but only when you haven't got a schedule, as you can't re-place the bus with one.

@UKDT I really enjoy the C400R bus, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd fix the C400RX, so that this doesn't happen. Thank you. :)

I have also had this issue mainly with the EcoLife and Express versions.....

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
After further testing, I was still unable to reproduce the problem normally, no matter how many parked cars I clipped or punted.
However, I was able to reproduce the problem by reducing the maximum framerate to 10 and crashing into a sign post - analysis of the saved situation showed the engine was spinning at negative 2.4 million rpm, with some billions of torques at the rear wheels.
A further few test crashes with the maximum framerate at 15 or 20 resulted in the rpm gauge going a little negative, but no vast acceleration.

Therefore there are a couple of easy solutions right now:
  1. Drive carefully to avoid crashing, thus minimising the chances of rotating the engine backwards.
  2. Adjust your settings to try and increase the framerate, which makes the physics much more reliable (and may well make it easier to achieve #1)

I've made a couple of tweaks to the engine script that should hopefully reduce/rectify the issue in a future update.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
After further testing, I was still unable to reproduce the problem normally, no matter how many parked cars I clipped or punted.
However, I was able to reproduce the problem by reducing the maximum framerate to 10 and crashing into a sign post - analysis of the saved situation showed the engine was spinning at negative 2.4 million rpm, with some billions of torques at the rear wheels.
A further few test crashes with the maximum framerate at 15 or 20 resulted in the rpm gauge going a little negative, but no vast acceleration.

Therefore there are a couple of easy solutions right now:
  1. Drive carefully to avoid crashing, thus minimising the chances of rotating the engine backwards.
  2. Adjust your settings to try and increase the framerate, which makes the physics much more reliable (and may well make it easier to achieve #1)
I've made a couple of tweaks to the engine script that should hopefully reduce/rectify the issue in a future update.
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
2 days ago, I've put the settings lower, and it does run much more smoothly, but in the Paignton Bus Station area, it still lags... that's why I crashed in the first place. But still, I'll try lowering the settings some more.
Thanks again! :)

Reactions: Albastru

Advertisement

Apr 1, 2019
This bus is amazing - dont know if anybody else has this problem but it always spawns zoomed in at certain times and never know how to fix it also if anyone knows how to get general passenger views for any vehicle besides the defaulf one it'd be much appreciated

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
This bus is amazing - dont know if anybody else has this problem but it always spawns zoomed in at certain times and never know how to fix it also if anyone knows how to get general passenger views for any vehicle besides the defaulf one it'd be much appreciated
I have no idea what you mean regarding your first point, but as for the second; if you press F2 to get the default passenger view, then use the left and right arrows on your keyboard it will cycle through the different passenger views available.

Advertisement

I think there should be a update like this E400 that First Travel has with some nice wheels and some Cummins ISBE Engine type and the Lights look Beautiful this is what the new update the C400R should have in a couple of Months if you accept it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190504-035352_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190504-035352_Google.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 44

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
I think there should be a update like this E400 that First Travel has with some nice wheels and some Cummins ISBE Engine type and the Lights look Beautiful this is what the new update the C400R should have in a couple of Months if you accept it
I agree, the newer E40Ds have a nice look and sound to them, they make a nice younger sister to the 2007 - 2011 models.

Reactions: omsi2gaming#GG

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Isn't that the first gen dash?
(used before the one that the C400R is based of)
Oh and also the Cab and the Exterior and the interior need to be updated too

No that's just a Variant of a E400 Dennis Trident
Well it is. That’s from the 09 version, when the C400r was based off the 2011 spec. (Iirc)

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread