Buses [UKDT] London Citybus 400R (1 Viewer)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
In short: take the first 3 digits of the Linie/Kurs number (the Linie part) and the 2 digits of the Route number and enter them into either F1 or F2. Thus for Cotterell 01801 and 01802 are for U18, with 01803 and 01804 for X18. F1 and F2 are functionally identical, but will remember the last code entered into them, making it easy to swap between Outbound and Inbound displays. Letter prefixes and suffixes aren't supported, and neither are Destination (Ziel) codes.

The destination system will be replaced with a much better system with the next version...

May 23, 2018
In short: take the first 3 digits of the Linie/Kurs number (the Linie part) and the 2 digits of the Route number and enter them into either F1 or F2. Thus for Cotterell 01801 and 01802 are for U18, with 01803 and 01804 for X18. F1 and F2 are functionally identical, but will remember the last code entered into them, making it easy to swap between Outbound and Inbound displays. Letter prefixes and suffixes aren't supported, and neither are Destination (Ziel) codes.

The destination system will be replaced with a much better system with the next version...

Ok that makes much more sense. I know that it works and passengers get on but why does it say 18 instead of U18?

Last edited:

Advertisement

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK

And also, I find it easier by just putting in 1801. Then I don’t get E18 instead of 18

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Hello everyone,

Now when I first saw this, I was like:
"This looks really promising!", and recently, when I got OMSI 2 to run, I – of course – installed it. ;)
I really enjoyed driving it, and it actually sounded and felt like the real bus (a lot of these buses operate on Totnes Rd; just about 80m from my home), which I was (and still am) very impressed and happy about! Thanks, and great job, UKDT! :D

However, I have noticed a very odd bug.
I was driving along, when I accidentally clipped a parked van. The bus's engine went out (broke down), and the bus came to a halt.
I clicked repair, and tried to start the engine back up, but nothing happened. I tried accelerating, and here comes the weird part.
It accelerated. Not normally, but about 10x as much as it would before. I tried braking, but that had 0 effect.
Eventually, the bus crashed into the side, the bus went flying, through the ground, and then it just fell into eternity.
This was with the C400RX, on Cotterell.

I tried driving it again however, as I thought it might just be some one-time glitch, that'd never happen again.
It was the same bus, but this time on BotW 2.9. I drove out the Depot, onto the road, towards Paignton Bus Station, I again, clipped something with my bus (I think it was a sign pole), and the exact same thing happened again.
I have no idea what could be causing this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

BTW: Sorry for the huge post!

Advertisement

OverlordMawil

Custom Title
Sep 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

"This looks really promising!", and recently, when I got OMSI 2 to run, I – of course – installed it. ;)
I really enjoyed driving it, and it actually sounded and felt like the real bus (a lot of these buses operate on Totnes Rd; just about 80m from my home), which I was (and still am) very impressed and happy about! Thanks, and great job, UKDT! :D

I was driving along, when I accidentally clipped a parked van. The bus's engine went out (broke down), and the bus came to a halt.
I clicked repair, and tried to start the engine back up, but nothing happened. I tried accelerating, and here comes the weird part.
It accelerated. Not normally, but about 10x as much as it would before. I tried braking, but that had 0 effect.
Eventually, the bus crashed into the side, the bus went flying, through the ground, and then it just fell into eternity.

I tried driving it again however, as I thought it might just be some one-time glitch, that'd never happen again.
It was the same bus, but this time on BotW 2.9. I drove out the Depot, onto the road, towards Paignton Bus Station, I again, clipped something with my bus (I think it was a sign pole), and the exact same thing happened again.
I have no idea what could be causing this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Maybe it's how the bus reacts with the collisions... I would recommend turning off collisions as many things are fixed with this solution. Yet again, I may be wrong but I don't suffer this problem with collisions off

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The bus's engine went out (broke down), and the bus came to a halt.
I cannot reproduce this bug. No considerable uncontrollable acceleration. :(
Of note: the engine doesn't actually break, it just stalls with the sudden deceleration/reversing when in gear. It won't restart until you fix it because the electrics are broken, so the starter motor won't run. After you fix the bus, you can restart the engine - but you have to ensure that it's in neutral and the handbrake is applied.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Of note: the engine doesn't actually break, it just stalls with the sudden deceleration/reversing when in gear. It won't restart until you fix it because the electrics are broken, so the starter motor won't run. After you fix the bus, you can restart the engine - but you have to ensure that it's in neutral and the handbrake is applied.
Thanks for the info, Road-hog123, I didn't know that!
I've also only seen this bug happen with the RX, the regular C400 acts normally if you clip parked vehicles/poles.
I have yet to try the eco version, though. :)

Hello everyone,

Many thanks in advance!

I also had this (can't remember if with C400R though),restarted Omsi and made sure collisions are off and stopped for the moment

S4TTO

Give me a Volvo and I'll be happy
Feb 28, 2018
I've had this issue myself and it seems to be from stalling. Try reversing and once you hit a high(ish) speed go into drive and see what happens

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread